eighteen;

mother natures blessing

x
Thursday, 9th December 2015
Thursday Night Smackdown

"So are you and Fergal together then?" Nikki asked me as we browsed catering. We just arrived at the arena for Smackdown tonight, meaning that everything was gonna be quiet for a few more hours before everyone showed up.

"Well, we're not. I mean, we've kissed twice now, but it doesn't mean anything." I said, picking up an apple and a water bottle.

"It doesn't mean anything yet," Nikki said as we weaved our way through the tables. "Before you know it, he'll be asking you out on dates and what not."

We sat down on a table in the corner, getting away from the very few people here. I munched on my apple whilst Nikki browsed through her Instagram.

We sat in silence, before Nikki piped up.

"Uh, Dani, did you know about this?" Nikki asked, frowning. She showed me a picture of Mercy and Colby together, smiling for the camera.

I smiled. "That's cute. I knew he liked her." I said, having a swig of my water. Nikki looked at me in disbelief.

"Ok, I don't know what Fergal has done to brainwash you, but your ex is already seeing someone else. After one month of you two breaking up! Are you not mad?"

I set my drink down and crossed my arms. "I don't mind if Colby sees any other girls. I mean, he said the same thing to me about Fergal, so it's fine."

Nikki was going to reply until Brie walked in. "There they are!" Brie said. Nattie was following her, as well as Victoria (Alicia). I stood up and gave them all a hug.

"Have you heard the latest?" Nikki said as we all sat down. "Mercy and Colby seem to be a thing now. And Dani's okay with it!"

The girls looked at me in surprise. "So you're not mad or anything?" Nattie asked.

I shook my head no. "When we broke up, he asked me if I didn't mind him seeing other girls. I said that I wouldn't mind, and he said that he wouldn't mind me seeing anyone else either."

"So are you seeing anyone then?" Victoria asked, propping her chin on her hands.

"Nope. I plan to stay single for a while, focus on work and what not." I shot Nikki a look, hoping that she wouldn't tell the girls about Fergal.

I'm definitely not embarrassed about me seeing him. It's just that I know that the girls gossip a lot, especially Victoria. If me and Fergal become official, then I'll tell them. Seeing that as of now we're not, I want to keep it a secret. I know Fergal would want the same.

x
After the show

My stomach literally felt like it was being stabbed repeatedly. I rushed into my apartment, fearing the worst had happened. I put my bag down and my jacket and walked into the bathroom.

Mother Nature has blessed me. Aren't I a lucky girl?

I sorted myself out in the bathroom, then walking into my bedroom to change into comfy clothes. I threw on my adidas top and joggers, and took my makeup off. I threw my hair up in a bun and walked into the living room.

I made myself a hot chocolate and sat down to watch some Netflix on my laptop. This time last month, I would of been with Colby, curled up on the sofa, watching some horror movie. I didn't miss him though; I missed the company.

Before I could stop myself, I already had my phone out and was writing a text for Fergal.

To:Irish Leprechaun😂🍀
Movie night at mine? Mother Nature has blessed me and I'm lonely :(

I hit send, and he replies almost instantly.

From:Irish Leprechaun😂🍀
I'll bring sweets. Should I bring a movie also?

To:Irish Leprechaun😂🍀
Sure. Bring whatever, I don't mind😜

From:Irish Leprechaun😂🍀
You like Harry Potter?

To:Irish Leprechaun😂🍀
Who doesn't? Let's watch all of them!!

From:Irish Leprechaun😂🍀
Perfect😝

I grinned and began to take out blankets and pillows. I set up the sofa and a few snacks, before sitting down and patiently waiting for Fergal to arrive.

A couple minutes later, and Fergal hadn't yet arrived. I knew that he liked hot chocolate, so I decided to make him one for when he arrived. Whilst making it, I heard a few knocks at the door.

"It's open!" I shouted, loud enough for them to hear. I heard the door open, and the shuffle of footsteps. I was about to turn around until a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist.

"Do you still feel crap?" Fergal mumbled in my ear. I turned around and hugged him.

"Not as bad now that I have some company." I said, pulling away. I handed him his drink and he thanked me.

"How was Smackdown?" He asked as we sat on the sofa.

"Fine. I was in a tag match with my sister against Paige and Summer." I replied, eating some crisps.

"Did you see what Mercy put on her Instagram? Her and Colby seem pretty close." Fergal said.

"Yeah. I'm not bothered about it. I've moved on." I said, glancing at Fergal. He noticed, and grinned.

"C'mon, we have Harry Potter films to watch." He said. He opened his arm out to cuddle, in which I scooted over and snuggled into him. His arm wrapped around my waist as he pressed "play".