Annual Comm Party

Welcome to the Annual Comm Party! The chapter I'll probably procrastinate posting every year. The hole I'm digging myself ever deeper into and the hole I will soon regret because, let's face it, I will probably fail at posting a new comm every year. But nevertheless, this is what I propose:

I will begin posting a new comm every year, maybe even more often, depending on my schedule and when writer's block decides to hit. It will probably be around this time of year, because this is also when the holidays decide to hit. And it will probably be way different from my first comm, or my second, or even my last, because my writing has changed.

That aside, enjoy the 2016 Annual Comm Party! Maybe this will tide you over until Wires and Nerve, who knows? 

+  +  +

HandsomeHero: Guys. I just want to thank you. It's all because of your support that we're finally here.

HandsomeHero: And I just want you guys to know that through thick and thin, through the hardest of times and the lightest of times, through the longest treks and the shortest sprint, I will be forever grateful to have you all at my side.

Mechanic: Do we really have to do this?

Scarlet: Just let him continue. He'll have to wind down sooner or later.

Mechanic: Aw. Like a puppy. 

KaiIsBack: Shh! Guys, pay attention. There might be a test later.

Scarlet: Um, I'm not sure where you're from, but--

KaiIsBack: Shh!

Scarlet: *grumbles but shuts up*

HandsomeHero: And wow. Just look at you guys tonight. So stunning. So beautiful. Especially my girlfriend there, CRESCENT DARNEL. Sorry, I should have spoken more clearly--CRESCENT MOON DARNEL, my GIRLFRIEND.

Mechanic: Oh by the stars--

KaiIsBack: Shh! This is so romantic.

Mechanic: She isn't even here. *to Scarlet* Did you tell him we forgot to invite Cress into the comm?

Scarlet: *pauses mid stretch* Oh stars. No.

Mechanic: How could you for--

KaiIsBack: Shhh!!! 

Mechanic: Stars above, why don't you just ask Thorne to stop talking?

KaiIsBack: Acceptance speeches don't sound good that way. Come on, Cinder. I thought you knew this. 

Mechanic: Oh for--

Scarlet: I just invited Cress--she'll be here right away.

Mechanic: *exhales* Okay. Great. Maybe we won't have a diva moment today.

GoThorne!: Hey guys! 

Scarlet: Quick--get in position. Look like you've been here.

GoThorne!: But it's a vid chat. Won't he be able to tell I just came?

Scarlet: JUST DO IT.

KaiIsBack: Guys, seriously. This is getting really emotional, and you aren't even paying attention.

:Scarlet and :Mechanic both attempt to look fascinated.

Mechanic: I think--is he crying?

Scarlet: Oh my stars. I think he is. I have to get Wolf in on this.

Mechanic: Come to think of it, where is he? And Winter and Jacin? 

Scarlet: Wolf was in the garden.

Scarlet: and I think Jacin planned something for Winter today. 

Mechanic: Bet Thorne wasn't happy about that.

KaiIsBack: Guys!

HandsomeHero: Guys. 10 Thornes. We've sold 10 Thornes in the past month. 

GoThorne!: Oh yay!

Scarlet: This is stupid. 

Mechanic:  Just roll with it.