introduction

a.wak·en
əˈwākən/
verb
rouse from sleep; cause to stop sleeping.

harley
December 1st 2015
I woke up. there were people holding my hands. but, who were they? was that my mom and dad? I thought they died? what?

"mom? dad? I thought you died?" I asked, obviously showing confusion.

"there was a car accident. you were injured," the woman said. she was very pretty. she had gorgeous eyes. her hair was blonde and short. she was very pretty.

"but I thought you died from a drug overdose?" I asked again, after all, that is what happened. I looked over to the man, who seemed, rather upset. you could see his dark brown eyes, brimmed with tears, almost as if they were frowning.

"we adopted you," said the woman.

adopted? that sounded strange, yet it was all coming back to me.

"I'm jenna, and this is tyler. we're your parents remember?" said jenna. jenna. a pretty name.

"jenna wayde?" did I just wake up after 3 months and ruin it? there were tears in jenna's eyes. yup, I ruined it.

"no, sweetie, I'm tyler joseph, and this is my wife jenna. we adopted you about 5 months ago. you're our daughter," tyler said wiping his eyes.

"oh, I remember now," nope. I didn't. I really wanted to, but I couldn't. I remember a girl, her name was different. it was like a gem, and it was beautiful.

ruby.

"is there someone named ruby?" I asked as tyler got up.

"oh, yeah. you remember her. I have to tell you something about her." tyler said sitting back down next to jenna.

"that's josh's daughter." he blurted out. jenna's eyes got huge, and she looked taken back. josh. josh. it was coming back to me. josh and tyler are in a band. I moved here from germany when I was young. I stayed in an orphanage for most of my life going into very few foster homes. Bowie and Meghan,

I remember now.

hello everyone! welcome to my new book! if you are a new reader, I definitely need you to read adopted by tyler and jenna joseph first, (shameless self promo) or else this book will not make sense.

anyway, thanks for reading the intro! the first chapter will be up very shortly, maybe 1-2 weeks? since school started my schedule has been weird so idk.

ok so that's it!! thanks for reading guys. love you
-abbey |-/