chapter 24- new lungs

Harley
Once we reached the hospital I was more than nervous. I was scared she was going to die. I was shaking. I've been crying all morning and having "outbursts" as my therapist used to call them.

"Babe, everything's going to be okay. I promise," Josh said. I layed on his shoulder in the backseat. My phone started ringing and it was a call from Ruby.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby! I'm at the hospital, what's Bowie's room number?" She asked.

"Um, 342 I think. We just pulled in, Ill be inside in a minute," I said.

"Okay. Love you,"

"Love you bye," I said hanging up. Everyone was staring at me, smiling. I rolled my eyes, laughed a bit and ran inside. I saw Ruby's red hair, and I ran behind her, and gave her a hug.

"Hello," I said.

"Hello," She smiled. We held hands and went into the elevator up to Bowie's room, leaving Tyler, Jenna, and Josh behind.

"Are you nervous?" She asked.

"Yeah. I had a dream last night, that she died. God, it was horrible," I said.

"Oh. She'll be okay," Ruby said squeezing my hand. I smiled and nodded.

"Have I ever told you thank you?" I asked.

"For what?"

"For being there for me. I love you so much. You're my everything. I'm glad you're mine," I smiled.

"I love you more," She said hugging me.

"Impossible," I laughed. She kissed my cheek and the elevator opened. We walked out, and walked down the hall to Bowie's room. We opened the door and Bowie was reading a book.

"Hey bitch," I said. She looked up, and continued to read.

"Fuck off," She said. I rolled my eyes and sat next to her.

"Guess who's coming today?" I said.

"The grim reaper?" She asked. I slapped her in the side of the head.

"What the fuck you twat!" She yelled, hitting me with her book.

"Violence isn't the answer," Ruby said.

"Thanks Mom," Bowie said laughing. Tyler, Jenna and Josh came in and we all sat down. Bowie was already prepped, so the doctor just had to take her for surgery when she was ready.

"Ready Bowie?" Dr Grey said coming in the room.

"Yup. As ready as I'll ever be," Bowie said. Dr Grey smiled.

"You'll do great," She said, wheeling her bed out. I stood to the left of it, Bowie's hand in mine. The doors stopped us, just like the dream.

"I love you so so so so much okay? You'll do great. When you get out you'll have some brand new lungs, and we can run around, and do stuff together. You'll do great," I said hugging her.

"I love you," She said crying. I wiped away her tear.

"Come on Bowie. Make momma proud," Ruby laughed, hugging Bowie.

"I will," Bowie said hugging Ruby back.

"Okay baby, listen to me. You go in there, and I want you to know that I love you, and I'll be here when you come out. I'll never leave you. I love you, I love you, I love you," Josh said kissing Bowie's head.

"I love you too," She smiled.

"Bowie, you're going to be fine okay? I love you," Jenna said kissing Bowie's forehead.