chapter 10: happy late birthday

Jenna
Once we dropped off Ruby at her house, we rushed a back home. Harley still had to get changed and Bowie and Josh had to meet us at home. And knowing Josh, he's not always, on time.

"Okay, now go get ready and then let's go." I said to Harley as soon as we pulled up. She nodded and rushed inside. I got my purse and phone out of the car and saw multiple texts from Josh, Harley and Tyler.

Josh💀😺: What should I wear?
Josh💀😺: Do I have to wear something special?
Josh💀😺: Ugh! (a/n aye if you got that reference) Forget it.

Harley™💘: Mom
Harley™💘: MOTHER
Harley™💘: Jenna Elizabeth Joseph if you don't text me back I swear.

I laughed at her messages and read the rest.

Tyler❤️💟❤️: Where are youuuuuuu

I smiled and walked inside where Tyler, Josh, Bowie and Harley were all waiting.

"Ready," Harley shouted. I smiled, turned around and went back into the car.
**************************
Harley
"Hello everyone! How are you?" Kelly said opening the door pulling us into a hug.

"Good," Everyone answered.

"Come in," She said moving out of the doorway. We all walked inside where Chris, Maddie, Zack, and Jay were sitting on the couch.

"Oh hey," Chris said coming into the kitchen.

"Hi," Tyler said. Everyone greeted everyone, and then Bowie and I sat down with Maddie on the couch.

"So, what did you guys do today?" Maddie asked looking up from her phone.

"Well Patrick came over, so Josh and I went to Tyler and Jenna's and we just hung out there all day," Bowie replied.

"Oh that's cool. What about you Harley?" Maddie asked.

Oh, I just started dating a girl, and my family is so religious and they're not going to approve.

"Oh, I just went to the mall with one of my friends," I answered .

"Come into the dining room! Foods ready!" Kelly called.

"Food!" Bowie yelled running into the dining room. I laughed and Maddie and I walked in together. Tyler was seated at the head of the table, Jenna was to the right of him. There was an empty seat across from her and she gestured for me to sit there. I was next to Josh, Bowie was across from Josh. Jay was next to her, Maddie was across from Jay, Kelly was next to Maddie and Zack was across from Kelly. Chris sat on the other side of the table. (a/n sorry if this is confusing just make it up if you don't get it hahah)
Kelly got up, went to the kitchen and came back with cake. Everyone started singing happy birthday and then everyone was served with cake. We all ate, and then it was picture time.
(a/n okay think of that pic ty posted on insta of him and jenna holding hands that was super adorable and goals and omg)

"Harley! Get over here," Jenna called. I put my phone down on the table and got up.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Take a picture with us! Act as serious as possible," Tyler said. I have him a confused look and laughed. Tyler and Jenna were holding hands, with their backs facing the walls.

God, I'm so lucky to have such awesome cute parents. I though. I sat in front of them on the floor and looked at the camera. Zack snapped the picture and showed it to us.

"Aww," Jenna said smiling. Tyler hugged us both from behind.

"Hey Harley? Your phone rang like 3 times, it's from Ruby," Bowie called. I tensed up and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey baby g what's good?" She asked.

"I'm at a birthday party for Tyler," I laughed.

"Wasn't his birthday last week?" She asked.

"Yeah, but last week I was wheeling around like dat boi, so," I laughed.

"Oh yeah. Forgot. Well text me when you get home," She said.

"Okay. Bye,"

"Bye," She said hanging up. I smiled and slid my phone into my pocket and flopped on the couch where Chris, Kelly, Maddie, Jenna and Tyler were sitting.

"Where's Bowie and Josh?" I asked.

"Josh is talking to Bowie about something in the kitchen," Jenna said. I nodded my head. I pulled out my phone when I felt it buzz. I saw a notification from instagram.

@/sarah.556: hey harley! it's sarah, I don't know if you remember me, but i found your instagram and i thought i'd say hi! i'm from the adoption center. we were around 10 when I got adopted. let me know how you're doing!

I clicked on her profile, she had brown and blue hair, and brown eyes. I immediately remembered. I jumped up and ran to the kitchen to find Bowie.

"Bowie, you don't exactly have a choice," I heard Josh tell Bowie. I hid behind the doorframe and listened to their conversation. I know it's rude, but I couldn't help myself.

"Josh, you don't understand. We have to wear swimsuits, and shorts, and short sleeve shirts. I'm not ready for that! Homeschooling will be so much easier please," Bowie begged. Ah, school.

"Bowie, I went to school!"

"But Josh, you didn't have scars covering your arms and legs!" She snapped. Josh let out a sigh.

"I'm done. We are finishing this conversation tomorrow, and you're going to school," Josh said sternly. I heard him start walking so I hid. I heard Bowie let out a loud, shaky sigh. I walked in and acted like I heard nothing.

"Hey! Look who dmed me on instagram," I showed her my phone.

"Oh my gosh is that Sarah!" She exclaimed. I nodded. She pulled out her phone and followed her on instagram, as well as sending her a dm.

"Girls, we're gonna get going soon," Jenna walked in. We nodded and stood up.

"That's crazy how Sarah found you. I missed her," Bowie said walking into the living room.

"Same," I replied plopping down on the couch, thinking of all the old memories.

Wow.

I'm 16,

that ending made no sense!

so, as you all know, I asked you guys to send me a dm if you would like to be a character.

I am proud to present, AiringFiction will be sarah!!

so that's it guys. thanks for reading!!

and wow, this has 1,000 reads already! that's crazy! thank you all soooo much.

also i love twentyoneshots stay strong bby ily so much
-abbey |-/