chapter 20

Bowie's POV

As soon and Josh and I got home, I went straight to bed. I was too nervous and scared to be around anyone. I lay in bed, while hours passed.

1

2

3

and soon, I finally drifted off to sleep. Not for very long though. Only a couple hours. Josh woke me up in the morning.

"Hey Bowie, it's time to get up. Harley, Tyler and Jenna are here come on," Josh said shaking me awake. I nodded and got up and wet into the bathroom, pulling my hair up into a ponytail, and put on a sweatshirt and some leggings and uggs.

Everyone was in the living room, sitting down in chairs and on the couch.

"Ready?" Josh asked.

I shook my head no.

"Hey, don't worry okay? I'll be there the whole time," Josh said hugging me. I shrugged and we left the apartment.

The car ride was silent. No one talked. No one did anything. We were all silent.

When we arrived at the hospital, a nurse led me into a room by myself. She checked my vitals and stuff, and then we went into the room where Tyler, Jenna, Harley and Josh were waiting. There were a few other people sitting around in chairs, and Finding Nemo was playing on a small TV.

"Okay, have a seat here and we can start," The nurse smiled. I took a deep breath and sat down in the blue leather chair.

"You'll be okay," Harley smiled. I sat down and the nurse set up a machine. She took out a needle, and Josh grabbed my hand really tight. I looked away and squeezed my eyes shut as she put in the needle.

"So this should take about 45 minutes. I'll be back to check in, maybe in 15?" The nurse asked. I nodded my head and she walked out. My eyes immediately filled up with tears.

"What's wrong honey?" Jenna asked.

"It hurts," I said starting to cry. Jenna sat next next to me in the chair, and she hugged my while i cried into her shoulders. I could tell that Tyler was uncomfortable, and he looked really sad. He hasn't said anything. Harley either.

15 minutes passed, and the nurse changed something. She put in another needle, and after a few minutes I got light headed so she took it out. I didn't like this at all.

30 minutes passed, and I felt like I had to throw up. Tyler left to get a garbage can, and put it next to my chair.

"Thanks," I mumbled. He nodded.

Next, Harley sat next to me. She was crying too. Everyone was.

45 minutes passed, and the nurse came back in and cleaned everything up. We started to walk out, and I was having a lot of trouble since I felt dizzy, so Josh carried me.

"Excuse me," Said an older woman in a chair. We stopped and turned around.

"Sweetheart, you did very good today. You were very brave. I am so proud of you. I know how hard it is, and how much it hurts, and they have support groups here. My name is Linda, I'm here a lot. I've been doing this for 15 years. You did so well dear, keep up the good work," She smiled.

"Thank you Linda," I smiled. She smiled back and we walked out. Josh put me down, and J went out to the car with Tyler, Jenna and Harley while Josh made another appointment. Harley, Jenna and I sat in the back. I felt super nauseous, so we brought a small bin in the car.

"You did great today Bowie. I'm so proud of you," Tyler said. I could tell he was crying.

"Thanks Tyler," I smiled. Josh got in the car, and we left.

***************
When we got to Tyler and Jenna's, I ran to the bathroom and threw up right away. I walked back into the living room where everyone was sitting down watching some movie. I sat on the floor, everyone's eyes on me. I took out my ponytail, and clump of hair falling onto the ground, causing me to break down.

"It's okay Bowie. Don't worry. It's just hair okay? It's just hair," Tyler said comforting me.

"I know. I-i know. I don't want it anymore," I cried again.

"Then lets shave it off,"

hey guys. so i'm not sure how chemo works and stuff, but i did my best on trying to explain it. sorry for the short and sad chapter.
thanks for reading
-abbey |-/