chapter 23- just a dream

Harley
-2 weeks later-
Today was the day Bowie was going into surgery for her lung transplant. Everyone was so nervous, especially her. She's been doing a lot better, but she's still having a lot of trouble doing things. We have been back to school and it's not as bad as it used to be.

"Hey Bowie," I said walking into her hospital room. She looked up and waved.

"Hey Harley. What's up?" She asked picking up her black bag.

"Nothing. But, I do have someone very special here. Well, 4 special people," I smiled, scratching my head. She looked confused and laughed.

"Come on!" I yelled out the door. A few seconds later, Ruby, Mercy, Ethan, and Grayson popped in.

"Oh my gosh!" She yelled. She jumped out of bed, pulled down her shirt and walked over to Ruby, pulling her in a big hug.

"I missed you so much Bo," Ruby smiled,

"I missed you too Roo," Bowie said still hugging Ruby.

"BoBo!" Mercy yelled.

"Who is this big girl?" Bowie asked squatting down.

"It's me! Mercy!" Mercy smiled.

"Wow, Mercy you got so big!" Bowie said picking up Bowie. She gave me a look, like she was about to drop Mercy, so Grayson walked over and grabbed her.

"No, Gray I want BoBo to hold me," Mercy wined.

"Hey, I can hold you later, don't worry," Bowie smiled, kissing her nose. Grayson put Mercy down and gave Bowie a big hug. He still had a huge crush on her, and I guess they kind of had a thing.

"How are you feeling?" Grayson asked, pulling away.

"Eh, I mean I hope the surgery goes well. If it does, I'll have a 75% chance of the CF going away. The leukemia will most likely still be there so I'll have to get more chemo but it'll be okay I guess," She smiled.

"I'm sure everything will be fine," Ethan smiled, hugging Bowie.

"Hey hey hey!" Josh said walking in. Bowie smiled and hugged him.

"Hi Dad," She smiled.

"Hey. Dr Grey will be in soon to prep for surgery," He said rubbing her shoulder. She nodded and went back into bed.

"When are Mom and Dad coming?" I asked Josh. Just then Tyler and Jenna walked in.

"Now," Tyler said. Bowie got up again and gave them both a big hug.

Everyone was sitting down while Dr Grey was prepping everything. She put in an IV, took some blood, and changed Bowie into her hospital gown, and put on a blue shower cap like thing.

"Okay, so I'm going to explain to everyone how this surgery works. We cut open the chest, crack the ribs, take out the old lungs, put in the new ones, and fix anything that needs to be fixed. We have a plastic surgeon with us, Mark Sloan, (a/n daddy) and a orthopedic surgeon, Callie Torres (a/n MOM)" Dr Grey said. A woman and a man came in. The woman had really short hair black hair with blue streaks, and Bowie immediately recognized her, smiling and waving to her. The man was very tall, and had a salt and pepper beard and grayish hair. They introduced themselves to everyone.

"Hey Rachel I haven't seen you in so long!" Dr Torres said to Bowie.

"Hi! You can call me Bowie though," Bowie said smiling.

"Bowie, that's a cool name. So today's surgery is simple, I've done it hundreds of times," Dr Sloan laughed.

"Shut up show off," Dr Torres said to him.

"Okay guys, let's get a move," Dr Grey said. Josh, Tyler, Jenna, and I stood up and walked over to Bowie, while Ethan, Grayson, Ruby and Mercy walked to the waiting room. Bowie waved goodbye to them, while we walked down a long hallway. Josh grabbed her hand really tight, and I grabbed her other one and we all walked down together, until two doors blocked us off.

"Goodbye guys. I love you so much," Bowie smiled, crying a bit.

"I love you too," I said hugging her.

"I love you Dad," She said, squeezing Josh's hand. He leaned down and kissed her head.

"I love you Jenna," She said hugging Jenna. Jenna smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I love you Tyler," She said hugging Tyler.

"I love you too," He said hugging her back, kissing her head. The doctors led her in through the doors, and she looked over the top of the bed and waved.

"I love you all!" She yelled.

"We love you too!" I yelled back.

Then she was gone.

We all stood there for a couple minutes. Looking at the doors. I had tears rolling down my face. I leaned my forehead on Tyler's shoulder, and wrapped my arms around him, hiding my face sobbing into him. He rubbed my arm, and then pulled me into his chest, resting his chin on my head.

"She'll be alright. She's a trooper," Jenna said rubbing my back. I took a deep breath, and then we walked out to the waiting room, where I saw 3 people I haven't seen in a long time.

"Aunt Laura!" I said running over to Josh's mom,

"Hello Harley," She said hugging me tightly.

"Harley! Over here!" Ashely yelled, her and Abby waving. I ran over to them and hugged them.

"How's my favorite little Joseph?" Abby laughed. I smiled and laughed too.

"Good,"

We all sat down in the waiting room, I sat in between Ruby and Jenna. I had my head rested on Ruby's shoulder, and I was holding Jenna's hand. Grayson and Ethan were next to each other, Mercy on Ethan's lap. Josh, was a nervous wreck. He was walking around, buying food, balloons, teddy bears and a bunch of stuff for Bowie when she got out of surgery.

Tyler was super upset. He was crying a lot, walking back and forth, and for one moment he was in the bathroom for 15 minutes.

We all waited for about 9 hours for Bowie, when a young Doctor who I recognized from the night Bowie was diagnosed, came over.

"Hi, I'm doctor Karev and we finished Rachel's surgery," He said. I sat up and grabbed Ruby's hand and squeezed it super tight.

"She didn't make it through the surgery. I'm
very sorry for your loss," He said. Everything felt like a dream. Like nothing was real. I started to cry. Scream. All I wanted at that moment was to be with Bowie. Dead or alive. I just kept crying, and screaming. I couldn't hold it in anymore. Ruby and I were both hugging on the ground, crying. I was glad she was there for me. Through the good time and bad.
----------------
I bolted up out of bed, still crying and screaming. Tyler was sitting next to me, rubbing my back. I stood up and ran through the bathroom and threw up. I couldn't feel anything anymore.

"Harley, I don't want you coming with us if your sick. Are you alright?" Tyler asked, rubbing my back.

"Where are we going?"

"To the hospital. Today's Bowie's surgery, remember?"

"She's dead though," I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"No, sweetie are you alright?" Tyler asked concerned.

"Yeah. It was just a dream?" I said.

"It was just a dream," He said grabbing my hand.

SEE THIS CHAPTER WAS HAPPY

SHES NOT DEAD

YAY!

okay guys, thank you for reading! i'm currently writing a new book for when this series ends. I don't know when, or if this series will ever end. i don't want it too :(

anyway, that's it for tonight. love you all!!

-abbey |-/

p.s. anyone wanna date me?

lmao i'm weird GOODBYE