chapter 26- goodbye for now

Harley
-1 month later-
april 26th 2016

"Hey Josh?" I asked sitting next to him on the couch.

"Yeah?" He said.

"Where's Bowie?"

"She went on a walk I think. She needed fresh air," He said. At 9:30 pm?

"Oh okay," I said. I walked into my room where there were 3 texts from my friend Ella in my music production class.

Ella🌹: hey what was that project we had to do in music?

Ella🌹: was it that song one where we wrote the song thing and played the instruments.

Ella🌹: you're no help at all :/

I laughed at the texts.

Me: yes we had to write the song thing omg

I turned off my phone and continued to do my math homework. It took about a half hour and then I started on my music project.

"Josh? When will Mom and Dad be home?" I asked. Tyler and Jenna didn't want me staying home alone since Ruby and I got into a fight. They didn't want me to do anything bad or be alone.

"Don't know. Whatcha need sprout?" He said opening his arms. I sat next to him and layed in his lap as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I need to do a project for music. I was going to ask Dad if he could play the ukulele and if you could play the drums," I asked.

"Sure, I can help you now if you want. I can help you with the sound booth," He said. I nodded and we ran into the studio. He sat down and turned stuff on.

"What's this?" He said to himself. There was an extra track on the screen. He clicked play and Bowie's voice ran through the speakers.

"Hey, anybody who's listening to this, um Harley, Dad, Tyler, Jenna, Ruby, I don't know, but hi. So today is April 19th, 2016 and I'm going to tell you about why I, am, making this, uh, recording. So after the surgery and stuff, I have been throwing up and haven't been feeling good. So I went to the hospital, by myself, and asked what was wrong. Uh, the leukemia is in its 4th stage, it's getting a lot worse, and there isn't over a 70% chance I will live," She said. My eyes watered and I looked down to Josh. I sat next to him, and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"So sometime soon, I am planning to get it over with and do something I haven't done in a very, long time. Before you start screaming, I want you to sit and listen. I want to 'preform' I guess a couple of songs that have made me happy and kept me alive the past couple months. I get so close to relapsing but I never do. So thank you, Harley, Dad, Tyler, Jenna, Ruby, Sarah, and Ella for being my best friends, my rock, these past couple of weeks. Without you, I-I wouldn't be able to do it. You guys keep me grounded. I love you. So this first song I'm going to do, is 'She lays down,' and um, this song can relate to me a lot because, um, I was diagnosed bipolar, I have anxiety, and, uh, yeah, ha, that's really it, so here it is," I heard her pick up her guitar and start to strum the chords to the song. Her voice came through the speakers, and I smiled a bit, but I was crying too.

"You guys in here?" Tyler asked. We turned around in the chair and Josh paused the track.

"Um, what's up?" I asked wiping my tears.

"What's wrong?" Tyler asked, walking over to me.

"Nothing, you just have to listen to this later," I said. He nodded.