chapter 7: drugs

Harley
We finally reached home. Tyler and Josh went to the store to get some "surprise stuff," so they went right from the hospital, so Bowie and I went in Jenna's car.

We were home for about 20 minutes, watching tv, and then Josh and Tyler came back with about 5 bags each.

"Surprise!" They yelled. Jenna stood up and ran over to the bags, looking through them with a smile.

"Are you kidding?" She asked laughing. Bowie and I walked over to them. There were Christmas decorations in the bag.

"Oooh! Christmas my favorite time of year," Bowie sang, while she danced.

"Let's decorate! I'm going to get the tree an ornaments," Tyler yelled jumping up and down, running up the stairs.

"Let's play Christmas music! Can you get the speaker in my backpack, and I'll get my phone from the car?" Bowie asked me. I nodded and went into my room and picked up the backpack off the floor. I looked through it when I saw something I didn't want to see.

Cigarettes, and a vape pen.

I didn't know what to say. I though she quit? She told me she did. Was she lying? Should I bring it up to her? I don't know.

Bowie is a recovering addict. She's been addicted to everything. Her parents were serious drug users. Worse than mine. She was used to having all this stuff around her. I thought she quit.

I grabbed the speaker, and went back out into the living room where Tyler and Josh were dragging a huge box down the stairs, Jenna was carrying a box, and Bowie was coming back inside with her phone.

"Thanks Harley," She laughed, and grabbed the speaker. I smiled and walked away while she played Christmas music.

Tyler and Josh put the tree together, while Jenna, Bowie and I made cookies. We were decorating them, baking them, and throwing ingredients at each other. By the end, I was left with a big clump of icing in my hair, flower all over my leggings and shirt, and cookie batter on my face. Bowie had done Jenna's makeup with icing. She had a red eye, and a green eye, Bowie called it a "seasonal look." She had flour in her hair and on her shirt too. Bowie. Well, she was the worse. I flung the spatula with batter at her, it hit her in the face. Then Jenna and I teamed up and threw flour at her, and then spewed icing on her face and in her hair. Even Tyler and Josh ended up looking crazy.

Once the tree was set up, we got out the ornaments and started to decorate. I put the star on the top (a/n tøp im done or should i say dun now hehehe) when we finished we sat on the couch, eating cookies and watching frosty the snowman, when Josh snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Want to know something?" He asked sitting up. Everyone looked over to him, as he slid to the edge of the couch.

"We never celebrated thanksgiving, or halloween or Tyler's birthday!" Josh said standing up.

"Let's do it now," I said standing up.

"Do what now?" Jenna asked.

"Celebrate. Let's start with halloween," I said grabbing Bowie's arm, pulling her into my room. I closed the door behind me.

"What the fuck is going on?" She said laughing.

"Did you just?"

"Mimic Brendon Urie, yes," She said looking through my closet.

"I have an idea!" I said walking over to Bowie.

"What," She said turning to me.

"Let's be Tyler and Josh!" I almost yelled.

"I was think zombies, but okay," She said laughing.

"Wait, let's be zombies," I replied.

"But your idea was better," Bowie whined.

"No, I want to be a zombie!" I yelled.

"Ugh! Fine," She said picking out clothes. We took two old t-shirts and ripped them to shreds. We threw them on, and drew red lipstick all over them. Next for the faces, I took my contacts and colored them red with lipstick (a/n this fucking doesn't work don't do it it burns like satans ass crack, carry on) and put them in. We did contour with black eye shadow, and put it around our eyes.

"I think they might get the hint we're Gerard Way or something," I said looking in the mirror, causing Bowie to almost die of laughter. We put on shoes and went out into the living room where Tyler was on the phone with someone, Jenna was cooking, bless her soul she cooks so much and it's so good oh my god. Josh was sitting on the couch on his phone.

"Ehem," Bowie coughed, causing everyone to look.

"What the," Jenna asked coming over. She grabbed our faces and looked in our eyes.

"What happened to your eyes!" She yelled. Tyler hung up the phone and walked over.

"If those are you contacts," He said pointing to me. I smiled a little bit.

"Harley!" He yelled laughing.

"What did you use?" Josh asked.

"Lipstick and eyeshadow," Bowie replied. Josh laughed and walked away.

"Hey Tyler?" I asked.

"What's up,"

"Can we have a football game? like in friends?" I asked. Bowie, Meghan and I plus a few other kids at the orphanage used to have football games on thanksgiving. It was like a tradition.

"Not with your foot you can't," He replied.

"Please Tyler it's a tradition please please pleaseeeeeee," I begged.

"Tyler please I'm begging you," Bowie joined.

"Fine, but you have to get permission from Jenna too. And I'm not driving back to the hospital tonight so," (a/n tyler sounds like my mom smh)

"Thank you Tyler!" We yelled. Now, we have to see about Jenna.

"Hey Jenna?" I asked, as she was making more food.

"Yeah sweetie?"

"Can Bowie, Tyler, Josh, you and I have a football game? It's like a tradition please please pleaseeeee," I begged.

"Harley, I don't want you hurting your foot again. If you want to fine, you guys can play outside while I finish cooking," She said.

"Thank you Jenna!" I said hugging her.

"Josh?" Bowie asked.

"What,"

"Do you have a football?"

"Um, at home I do,"

"Ugh!" She groaned and walked over to Tyler.

"Hey Tyler?" She asked.

"What,"

"Do you have a football?"

"Yeah, in the basement,"

"Score!" She yelled fist pumping. She grabbed my arm and we ran down the stairs to the basement.

"Bowie?" I asked as she ran searching for the football.

"What's up?"

"So before when I was looking through your backpack, I found something," She dropped the football in her hands, and immediately tensed up.

"Don't tell me," She said.

"Bowie, I thought you quit?"

"Harley, when you've been addicted to stuff like this and had it around you since such a young age, you not only get easy access to it, but your body just gets so used to it. I'm sorry. Since Josh adopted me, I haven't been using it that much. I'll quit. Don't worry," She said turning around, grabbing the football.

"Now lets go. I want to beat your ass in football,"

BY THE TIME I UPDATE THIS WILL BE SOO LATE AND IRRELEVANT BUT JOSH FUCKING DUN WAS ON DEBBY FUCKING RYANS SNAPCHAT MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER!
-abbey |-/