chapter 29- (don't) leave me alone

please listen to the song while reading

Harley
Today was the talent show.

Bowie was supposed to preform.

But she couldn't.

Because she died.

I sat on the ground in the hospital room. Staring off at the ceiling. It happened so quickly. One moment she was talking. Smiling. Laughing. Then the machine let out a long beeping sound. Everyone tensed up and ran towards her.

But she was gone.

My legs felt weak. My whole body felt weak. I fell into Tyler, he caught me in his arms.

I've never seen such a look of fear in a grown mans face.

He was crying. A lot. It looked like he just saw Jenna and I blow up in a car.

I started to scream. A really loud scream.

"Please wake up, Bowie please wake up, please,"

I begged, but I knew that it wouldn't work. It was her time.

I layed on the ground. Crying, screaming, cursing.

"Why, why her, why now," I cried. No one knew how to react.

Josh.

He did nothing. He stood there, holding Bowie's hand. Looking at her.

Tyler picked me up and sat in a chair, I was in his lap. I heard his muffled sobs as he held me close to him.

Jenna was crouched on the ground. She was sobbing.

Hysterically.

The doctors rushed in.

They sent us out.

But I told them to wait.

I was alone in the room with her. I was still crying. I sat at the edge of her bed.

"Goodbye sis. I'll see you soon," I said kissing her forehead.

I shuffled out to the room where everyone was. I couldn't walk. I asked Tyler to carry me. He did.

play song

When we got home Josh ran upstairs. There was a loud crash.

"Leave me alone! Goddamnit leave me alone!" He yelled. I haven't stopped crying. No one has.

The night was quiet. I locked myself in my room. I needed to go and talk to someone.

So I grabbed my keys and drove to Ruby's.

I tried my best not to crash the car while driving. I pulled into her driveway and knocked on her door.

"Harley? What's wrong," She asked pulling me inside.

"S-She died," I cried.

"What? Who died, what's wrong," She said tearing up.

"Bowie," I cried. Tears ran down her face as she pulled me into her arms. I missed her.

=================
1 week later

We pulled into the parking lot. I opened the door, brushing off my black dress, fixing my hair. I reapplied some of my waterproof mascara and closed the car door behind me.

"It's going to be okay love. It's going to be okay," Jenna said hugging me. I took a shaky breath and sighed. I haven't talked much since the night she died. I didn't feel the need to. I grabbed Jenna's hand and we walked into the funeral home, our heels clicking on the pavement. Tyler and Josh's dress shoes clicking behind us. We opened the door and walked in. We were the first ones there. I had to make sure everything looked right.