chapter eighteen

Harley
My face stung, and burned when Jenna put the ice on it. I layed on my bed thinking of what happened. Right after he did it, Josh realized what he did. Tyler took him home with Bowie. She wanted to go with him. Jenna ran her hand over my forehead, making sure I was okay.

I was going to tell her something very important. And I don't know how she would react.

"Hey Mom?" I asked.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Hypothetically speaking, would you still love me no matter what I did?" I asked, tears brimming my eyes. Her eyes widened and expression dropped.

"Harley, please don't tell me you cut again or-"

"No, just asking,"

"Of course. You're my daughter! I love you no matter what,"

"Okay, I have something to tell you," I smiled a bit sitting up. She nodded.

"I'm dating someone,"

"Ooh! Who?"

"Well, that's the hard part," I looked down.

"Tell me! I won't get mad. I promise,"

"Well, I'm dating,"

"Go on,"

"I'm-I'm dating a girl," I blurted tears running down my face. It was silent. Except for Jenna's laugh. I looked up at her and she was smiling through her tears, laughing.

"Congratulations my dear," She said, pulling me into her side. We both laughed, and cried sitting there.

Then Tyler walked in.

"Okay, what chick flick are you watching," He said. We both looked up and laughed some more. He walked over to us and sat down next to me.

"What's going on?"

"I'm dating someone," I replied.

"Oh I swear, if he hurts you I'll hit him where the sun don't shine I'll punch his-"

"Dad!" I yelled laughing.

"Well," Jenna smiled, nudging my shoulder. I looked over to her.

"He'll except you. I promise," Jenna whispered.

"Ill what?" Tyler asked. I smiled and looked at him, more tears brimming my eyes.

"I'm dating a girl," I said. His expression turned blank. The tears fell out of my eyes, my smile fading away.

"What's her name?" Tyler asked.

"What?" I asked looking at Tyler with his idiotic smile.

"Wait you're not mad?"

"Of course not! I love you no matter what, you know that right? You're my daughter. I don't care if you're getting high every night! I'll still love you. J-Just don't get high every not. Or at all. Then I'll be pissed," He laughed. I looked to Jenna who smiled.

"So, who is she?" Jenna asked, crossing her legs on the bed.

"Well, you all know her. Her name is,"

"Well tell us! Jeez Harley," Tyler laughed.

"It's Ruby!" I smiled.

"Really? Oh my gosh that's wonderful!" Jenna said hugging me.

"Congrats! I'm so happy omg!" Tyler said yelling in his "white girl voice" attacking me in a hug. I smiled and hugged back.

"Okay sweetheart, why don't you get ready for bed and we can watch a Christmas movie or something yeah?" Jenna asked. I smiled and nodded my head. Tyler and Jenna laughed and stood up to leave.

"Thank you," I said attacking them both in a hug.

"For what?" Tyler laughed.

"For not discriminating me. For accepting me," I smiled.

"Of course sweetie. I love you," Jenna smiled kissing my head.

"I love you too Mom," I smiled again.

"And if you need anything talk to us. If that boy bullies you again I swear, I'll hit him where the sun don't shine I'll punch his-"

"Okay okay! Thank you Dad," I laughed at his previous statement. They walked out and I changed into some comfy clothes. I took off my makeup and went into the living room where Tyler was twerking to, "This is Halloween," from the nightmare before Christmas.

"Ahh!" I screamed. I covered my eyes and ran away. I slapped my head trying to get the terrifying image out of my head.

"What!" Tyler laughed.

"That!" I screamed again. He laughed and then sat down on the couch, patting next to him. I jumped onto the couch and layed on his chest, smiling at the tv.

"Hey Dad?"

"Yes babe?"

"Can we watch the corpse bride next?"

"But that's a halloween movie," He wined.

"Everyone who votes on the corpse bride raise their hand!" I screamed, raising my arm.

"That's not fair it's only y-"

"I do!" Jenna said waving her hand up from the top of the steps.

"Haha!" I laughed at Tyler, running up to Jenna high five her.

----

"It's on netflix!" Tyler yelled in an annoyed tone. I rolled my eyes and laughed, opening the app, logging into mine.

"You watch shameless?" Tyler asked.

"Uh, uh, uh, gotta go! Great seeing you but I'm super tired haha bye!" I said jumping off the couch, until Tyler grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"Harley, do you watch shameless,"

"Ye," I mumbled.

"What?" Jenna asked.

"Yes I watch shameless, Ooh I found it haha corpse bride let's watch!" I yelled.

----

"This is the best part!" I yelled jumping up.

"I love you, but you've been saying that since the beginning of the movie," Jenna laughed.

"Shh here it is!" I said looking at the tv. I stood up and turned around.

"I do," I whispered along with the tv, laughing.

"Do you know every word to this movie?" Tyler laughed.

"Mhm!" I laughed jumping around. I looked at the clock on the tv.

11:27

"Oh my gosh! 33 minutes until Christmas yay!" I yelled. I walked back over to the couch and layed down. My eyelids felt heavy, and I drifted to sleep. I felt strong arms lift me up and put me in my bed. I opened my eyes and saw Tyler's marked arms, carrying me to my room.

"Did I wake you up?" Tyler asked putting me down.

"No, it's okay. Thank you. Night Dad," I smiled.

"Goodnight love. See you in the morning," Tyler said kissing my head. I smiled and then fell asleep again.

So sorry for lack of updates. I haven't been super motivated to write. I've been sick with allergies, and I have had the time to write, but I didn't take it. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.