chapter 4: secrets revealed

Jenna

I couldn't believe it. Was this real? Was I really reading this e-mail on my phone screen? Was I dreaming?

Dear Joseph Family,

I would like to thank you first off, for caring for Harley. I really appreciate it. It's very nice that you adopted her.

But, I also would like to ask you a huge favor. If you could please, I guess you could word it "return" her back to the orphanage, that would be great. You can text me the address, or e-mail. Whatever is more convenient for you.

Once again, thank you.

Isaac Wayde,

Harley's birth father.

How did he get my e-mail? Why does he want Harley back? Wasn't he dead? I just couldn't believe it. And now, Harley is better, Bowie is here, everything is falling into place. This is crazy.

I decided to ignore it, and go downstairs where Josh, Tyler, Bowie and Harley were. They were all gathered on the couch, focusing on the tv, where netflix was. I sat down on the other couch, trying to hide my sadness.

"Hey, what's that show?" Bowie asked, pointing to the tv.

"Stranger Things? Must be new. Let's watch," Josh said excitedly. I couldn't pay attention to the show. There was just, to much on my mind. What do I do? Do I tell Tyler? Do I tell Harley? I'm not bringing my daughter back anytime soon. He messed up. He lied. He gave Harley up. It was his fault. Now he's not getting her back.

I pushed the thoughts to the back of my head, and watched the show.

"It's really hot in here," Tyler said.

"Yeah, Bowie aren't you hot? You have a sweatshirt on, take it off before you pass out," Josh said.

Harley

Oh fuck. Bowie I looked over to Bowie when Josh said those words. Her eyes widened immediately, and she started to get nervous.

"N-No, I'm fine. Don't w-worry about me," Bowie said putting a fake smile on her face. She was stuttering. The boys would definitely find out something was up now.

"Are you not telling us something?" Tyler asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"I'm o-okay," She replied, looking down. Bowie was bad. Really bad. She had scars from her wrists, up to the inside of her forearm. And her legs, that was worse.

"Bowie, what is going on?" Josh raised his voice a bit. I knew he wasn't mad, just concerned. Well Bowie didn't. Tears welled in her eyes, and she got up and ran to the bathroom.

"Harley, is there something we should know about Bowie? Is there something wrong?" Jenna asked. What should I say 'Yeah she has like over 40 cuts, she's real bad,' or 'No, it's just her time of the month,' I didn't know what to do.

"She's okay. I just think, she would like to talk in private. I'll go talk to her first," I said, wheeling (here come dat boi) down the hall to the bathroom door.

"Hey Bowie?" I said knocking on the door.

"Harley?" She asked. I could hear her crying.

"Yeah. Can I come in?"

"Sure," She replied. I opened the door, to see her crying on the edge of the bath tub.

"Bowie, I know you feel upset right now, but you need to tell Josh, Jenna and Tyler. They won't be mad, I promise. Tyler can help you. He helped me," I said, reassuringly.