chapter 1: home at last

Harley
December 3rd 2015
I was alone again, waking up in the dark white room. well, I wasn't alone for very long.

"oh, hey babe you're awake," jenna said walking in. I smiled, shifting around.

"tyler will be up in a second," she said taking a seat next to me. I nodded my head, and saw the door open to reveal someone with bright red hair.

ruby?

"harley, oh thank god you're awake," exclaimed josh as he ran over and hugged me. I hugged him back, even though I don't remember to much about him. all I know is that he's Tyler's best friend, and they are in a band together. he continued to latch on, crying into my shoulder. he pulled away and sat into the chair next to jenna.

a few minutes later, a nurse walked in with tyler behind her. she had a clipboard in her hands, along with a pen and a folder.

"good morning, ms. joseph," said the nurse.

"h-hi," I stammered. shit, I'm embarrassing myself.

"so, I guess you are going home today?" she asked. that didn't sound to convincing.

"uh, I guess," I said looking at her, as she walked over to me. she took my arm and looked at it. it was covered in bandages. the nurse sighed, taking some bandages. she took of the current one, revealing my bloody, burned arm. I gasped. I guess your arm doesn't heal well when you're in a coma for 3 months. once she finished changing my bandages, I went to get up.

"whoa, whoa, whoa," tyler said, shooting out of his chair grabbing my arm. I grabbed onto him really quickly to see both of my legs wrapped in casts.

"the casts should be off in about 2 weeks. I'll get you a wheelchair, and then you are free to go," the nurse said walking out. tyler helped me back to my bed, and I sat down. I looked in the corner of the room. there was a plastic bag, and it had clothes in it.

"that was from the night of the accident," I said to myself.

"what sweetie?" jenna asked looking over to me.

"oh, nothing." I simply said. the nurse came back to the room, with a wheelchair.

oh so now I'm a crippled. peachy.

I grabbed tyler's arm, and josh grabbed my other side picking me up, bringing me to the chair. realizing I was still in my hospital gown. I reached for a sweatshirt on the end of my bed.

"no don't," jenna said. I picked it up to see it covered in blood. it was from the accident. I couldn't contain it anymore, and the tears just started to flow.

"hey, don't cry, I'm here, shhh," tyler said comforting me. I leaned my head onto his shoulder, as he hugged me. I missed his hugs.

did I just? remember?

josh wheeled me out of the room, and down the hallway. jenna walked next to me, and tyler walked behind me next to josh. I looked at jenna and grabbed her hand. she looked down at me and I smiled, and she smiled back.

we finally reached the car, jenna sat in the front, tyler drove, and josh sat in the back with me. I was beyond tired so I rested my head on josh's shoulder. (jarLEY IS HAPPENING OMFG)

"you were just asleep for 3 months and you're tired?" josh looked down.

"shut up you big dipcrap," I said laughing. and then all eyes were on me. well except for tyler. he seemed pretty nervous.

"did you just call me a dipcrap?" josh asked.

"yeah why?" I replied looking up.

"you remembered harley!" jenna yelled.

"yeah," I said smiling. I have my family back.

after the 45 minute car ride, we finally reached my house. I was so happy to be home. I couldn't believe it. josh carried me out of the car, placing me in my wheelchair, and pushed me inside. the lights were off, and it was just about dark considering it was 5 pm.

"welcome home!" everyone yelled.

there they were. bowie, kelly, chris, debbie, caroline, matt, jamie and ruby. ruby.

they were all there. my family.

but, I think I like ruby,

ok everyone! this is a short first chapter, but thank you for reading! once again, if you haven't read the first story, you will not understand this book. so I definitely recommend reading the other book first. or else it won't make sense.

anyway, that's it! thank you soo much for reading. love you!

-abbey |-/