chapter 30- a new beggining

Harley
june 1st 2016
"Come on Harley, we're going to Pennsylvania today," Jenna said shaking me awake. I shook my head no and rolled over.

"Listen, our flight is at 10:30, so we have to get going come on!" She begged. (okay I know they wouldn't have to fly to pennsylvania but i'm doing that anyway)

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. She smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me out of bed. I grabbed my 2 suitcases that I would be needing for the couple of moths we'll be on tour. I added the last bit of things into my back pack and brought everything out to the living room with everyone else's.

"Ready?" Tyler asked coming down the stairs. I shrugged.

"Harley, you can't be silent forever. You really don't get a choice. But you never really get a choice in life. So everything happens for a reason," Tyler said rubbing my arm. I looked at him and brought my stuff out to the car. Josh threw the last suitcase into the truck, and turned around and looked at me.

"Oh, um hey," He said. I smiled.

"Still not talking?" He asked. I shook my head. He walked back inside.

I put all my things into the car and went back inside. I went into my room. I sat on my bed and closed my eyes.

"Harley!" I heard her voice whisper. I opened my eyes and looked over to Bowie standing in the door way. I've been seeing her ever since she died.

"Come on, say something! You can't be silent forever just because I died," She laughed. I rolled my eyes and layed back on my bed.

"Harley, honey we're leaving!" Jenna yelled. I got up and closed my door, walking outside. Tyler ran down the stairs, and locked the patio door, following us out to the car. He locked the door behind us, and got in the drivers seat next to Jenna.

"Are you nervous?" Josh asked sitting next to me. I nodded my head.

"It's okay. Planes aren't that bad," Josh said wrapping an arm around me.

The ride to the airport was silent except for the faint sound of the 1975 playing through my earbuds.

We pulled into the parking lot where we leave the car while we're gone. We got out suitcases from the trunk, and got in the van that drove us to the airport down the parkway a bit.

Everyone got out of the van with our luggage. We put our suitcases on the scale and payed for anything that was over weight. We walked in the airport, and went through security.

"Excuse me hun, you have to go through TSA," The airport lady said to me. I looked at Tyler who was motioning for me to come through. I looked back at the lady. What was TSA?

"Hello?" She said to me again. Tyler walked back through and stood next to me.

"Come on Harley," Tyler said.

"She needs to go through TSA," The lady said to Tyler.

"She can't do that, I'll go for her, um, she's mute and has bad anxiety, she can't get left alone for too long," Tyler explained.

"I'm just saying, that's not allowed. Come on sweetie follow me," She said.

"No, you can't do that come on babe," Tyler said pulling me over to the scanner. The lady rolled her eyes and let me through. I grabbed Tyler's hand as I walked through the security booth, putting my carry on, onto the conveyor belt. I walked through, grabbed my stuff, and then went back to holding his hand.

"Thank you," I mumbled out. Tyler pulled me into his side and gave me a small hug.

We sat at the cafe for a bit right by our gate. I sat next to Jenna and rested my head on her shoulder as we waited. Josh came back with some food for everyone. I didn't take any.

"Are you hungry?" Jenna asked. I shook my head no.

I looked through my bag to try and fine my journal. I couldn't. My mind raced from where it could've been. Did it fall out at security? Was it in the car? Did I leave it home? I tapped Jenna's shoulder and she looked down at me.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked as she saw the tears in my eyes. I pointed to my bag.

"Did you forget something? Lose something?" She asked. I nodded.

"What did you lose?" Tyler asked leaning across the table. I didn't want to talk. But I had too.

"Journal," I whispered. Tyler rubbed his eyes and let out a sigh.

"Don't worry. If someone finds it, I'm sure they'll find us and give it to you okay?" Jenna said.

"Excuse me?" Said a small voice from behind me. I turned around and saw a little girl, with a much older girl.

"My sissy said this is yours. Here!" She said handing me a book.

"I saw it on the ground and it said Harley Joseph. My sister wanted to give it to you. Also thank you guys so much for making inspirational music," Said the girl. She looked a lot like Bowie. Everyone looked like Bowie to me these days.

"My sissy would be dead if she didn't know about twenty one pilots," The smaller one said. The older girls face went red and she picked her up.

"Um, sorry, have a good flight," The girl said walking away.

"Thank you," I called back to them. She smiled and left.

"See! I told you," Jenna said elbowing my arm. I smiled and put the book in my backpack.

"Flight 648 to Pennsylvania is now boarding," The speaker played. We all stood up and walked over to the gate. My heart started racing and I just wanted to lay on the ground and scream.

"You'll be fine," Tyler said grabbing my hand. We got in the front of the line. Everyone pulled out their tickets and I couldn't find mine. I looked through my backpack and pulled it out from the front pocket, giving it to the impatient lady for her to check.

"Harley Joseph?" She asked. I nodded. She handed me the ticket and I walked through the doors to get to the plane, Josh following behind.

"You're sitting next to Tyler. He wanted to sit by you to make sure you were okay," Josh said grabbing my hand, walking to the plane with me. I smiled and sat down in my seat by the window. A few seconds later people started to pile in, and then I felt someone sit next to me.

"Hey," Tyler said. I smiled. I buckled my seat belt and continued to watch the safety video on the small screen.

"Attention all passengers, we are taking off," Said the pilot. I felt the wheels start to drive on the pavement.

"Here's some gum. Chew it while we're taking off so your ears don't pop," Tyler said handing me a piece. I took it and put it in my mouth, chewing it as we took off. I looked out the window and saw as we got higher and higher off the ground, smiling and we were overlooking the city. I put in my headphones and listened to music as I started to dose off on Tyler's shoulder.

"Good night Harley. I would never ever lie to you. So this is the truth. Everything will be okay. I'll always be there for you. No matter what. I love you so, so, much. I'll always be there for you. We're going to have a new beginning," I heard him whisper.

"Thank you Dad," I smiled.

fin!
thank you all so so so so so much for reading this series. i really don't know how to thank you. i'm going to miss this so much.

the epilogue should be up very soon.

i love you all so much.

there is so much more stories coming!

thank you again :)
-abbey |-/