chapter 22

Harley
It was now march, and it has officially been 8 months since Tyler and Jenna adopted me.

It has been 4 months since Josh has adopted Bowie, and she has now been on chemo for 4.

It's now 2016, 3 months until tour.

I have gotten so much closer with Matt, Jamie and Caroline, but the only people that know about me being me, is still only Ruby, Tyler, Jenna and Bowie.

I haven't seen Ruby in a few weeks since she was on vacation. I got in the car Tyler gave me for my birthday, and started to drive out. Tyler and Jenna were food shopping, and Bowie was with Josh at a doctors appointment.

I pulled up to the tan house, and sat in the car pulling out my phone. I clicked on Ruby's contact and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I heard her voice.

"Hey!" I smiled.

"Oh- hi Harley! How are you?" I asked, frowning at her not using my usual nickname "butter pop"

"Nothing. Are you home? I just wanted to stop bye since I haven't seen you in a while,"

"Oh yeah! Come over," She smiled.

"I'm sitting in front of your house right now," I laughed.

"You stalker," I heard before she ended. I got out of the car and walked up the steps knocking on the door. She opened up.

"Hey-" I was cut off by her pulling me inside. She jumped on me and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey butter pop," She laughed.

"Hey Gem," I said to her. She pulled away from the hug and grabbed my face, (a/n i don't know how to write this i'm a child of god i don't write this don't laugh don't laugh please no,) and looked at my lips.

"What?" I asked. She just smiled.

"Oh my god every single time we're together you stare at my lips as if you're going to kiss me so if you are just fucking do it al-" I shouted before she put her lips on mine (a/n mother of fucking gosh)

I smiled into the kiss and she pulled away.

"Is that what you meant?" She laughed.

"Yep," I smiled. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room. We sat on the couch and turned on netflix.

"So, how has Bowie been?" She asked. They were a lot closer now too. Like sisters.

"I don't know anymore. She's still really sick. Throwing up a lot, her hair has been falling out. I-I don't know what's going to happen," I said tearing up.

"It's okay, don't worry. I'm here for you no matter what okay? I love you,"

"I love you too," I smiled.

"Stop being gay!" Steve yelled from upstairs. I started to crack up and ran up to his room.

"Stevey!" I yelled opening the door.

"Ew go away," He said.

"Stop being an ass to my girlfriend," Ruby said running up the stairs.

"Ugh fine. Only because Harley is chill," Steve laughed. Ruby and I went back downstairs.

"Hey, is your Mom's name Heather?" I asked.

"Yeah why?" She asked.

"No reason. Do you see your Dad?"

"My mom had me when she was 16 and she adopted Steve. She married a guy Rob but he's never home. I think she's gonna divorce him. Anyway why do you keep asking me this?" She asked.