chapter 13: sickness

Harley
Bowie and I sat down on the floor, Josh sat on the small couch and Tyler and Jenna sat on the bigger one. The movie started, causing Bowie and I to dance around in excitement as "Moulin Rouge!" with a fairy appeared on the screen. Josh hit play.

"The hills, are alive with the sound of music," Bowie sang. I don't know how many times she saw this movie, but it was a lot. And she loved it.

"Stop spoiling!" Josh laughed jumping off the couch. He started tickling her, causing everyone to laugh and Bowie laughed uncontrollably on the ground. Until everything went wrong.

"J-josh, stop," She said between fits of laughter.

"I-i can't b-breathe," She said.

"Please Josh," She said shaking, and coughing. He pulled away really quick, and Tyler and Jenna jumped up immediately and we all surrounded her. She was breathing really fast, almost like an anxiety attack. But I know Bowie and this wasn't an anxiety attack.

"Breathe, okay? You'll be fine," Jenna called her down a bit.

"T-take me to the hospital," She made out. Everyone's eyes went wide.

"Bowie, you're having an anxiety attack. You'll be fine," Tyler said.

"No, this isn't an anxiety attack. When Bowie asks to go to the hospital it's bad. Something's wrong," I said. Josh scooped her up and brought her into the car.

"I'm coming. Meet us there," I said to Tyler and Jenna, walking to the car. Josh put her in the back seat, her breathing still rapid. I sat with her, as Josh sped to the hospital, Tyler and Jenna in the car behind us. He pulled into the emergency room, and picked Bowie up bridal style, and ran up the stairs, Tyler, Jenna and I on his heels. We walked in the door and immediately we're greeted by doctors.

"What seems to be the problem?" A doctor asked Josh.

"She couldn't breathe, and it wasn't an anxiety attack, because I know her anxiety attacks and this wasn't it," Josh said in a frustrated tone.

"Okay, how old is she?"

"Fifteen,"

"Page Karev and Robbins. Sir, I'm going to ask you to fill this form out, and hand it to the young lady over there when you're finished. Okay let's get a move!" The doctor said wheeling away Bowie on a bed. Josh sat down on a chair, burying his face in his hands.

"Are you okay?" I asked sitting down next to him.

"Yeah. Can you help me fill this out?" He asked referring to the form. I nodded and sat down next to him. I filled out the form with him, and he was nervous. Josh was shaking uncontrollably, and I didn't know what to do. Jenna was playing with her hair, and she told me a while ago it was a habit she did when she was nervous. Tyler was playing with his wedding ring and his fingers. Everyone loves Bowie. She was my sister, and basically Tyler and Jenna's second daughter. We were all freaking out.

"Rachel Dun?" A nurse called. Josh's head shot up.

"Rachel? You mean Bowie," He asked.

"No. It says Rachel," She replied. Josh was dumbfounded.

"That's us. Thank you," I said. She smiled and we all walked back.

"Rachel?" Jenna asked.

"I'll explain later." I said walking into the room. Bowie was sitting up with a cannula in her nose. She smiled and waved to us, and Josh sat down in a chair next to her and grabbed her hand.

"The doctor will be in here in a few minutes to explain," The nurse said walking out. We smiled and all took a seat.

"So, are you okay?" Josh asked.

"Yeah,"

The room was silent until the doctor came in. She had a clipboard and she looked nice.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Grey (a/n fAuck yeah greys bitch) and I was looking over Rachel's tests. We took blood, x-rays of her lungs, but we saw something a little strange, so we just need some new blood," She said. Bowie got pale. She hated needles. She sat back while Dr. Grey cleaned a spot on her forearm, and tied a rubber band thing around her bicep. She took the needle, and put it into Bowies arm. Josh grabbed her hand, and she squeezed it really tight.

"I'm sorry. Thank you Rachel, I'll be back in a minute," Dr Grey said walking out.

"I hate needles so much you don't even begin to understand," Bowie whined. She layed back on the bed. We sat in silence for about 15 minutes until Dr. Grey came back.

"Can we have family only in here?" She asked.

"We all are family," Jenna said. She nodded and looked at the clipboard.

"Okay. I have some bad news. Your x-rays showed signs of cystic fibrosis, which is a disease when your airways get blocked. It may be life threatening," She said. Bowie looked like she was about to throw up. Josh was shaking, Jenna was crying, Tyler was tearing up, and I felt horrible.

"Also, we had to check your blood work again. You have a small sign of leukemia. I'm very sorry," Dr. Grey said walking out.

Josh lost it. He punched the wall. Tyler took him outside to calm down. Bowie was crying. I ran to the nearest bathroom, and I could hear Jenna's heels behind me.

I threw up. I fell on the ground, sobbing Jenna hugging me from behind, rocking back and forth.

She helped me up, and we walked back to the room. She never let go of me. Josh and Tyler were back in the room. Josh was talking to a doctor, and Tyler was crying in a seat.

Bowie was sleeping. She still had her oxygen cannula on, and there were dried tears on her face.

Jenna and I walked over to Tyler. I sat next to him, and he pulled me into his lap. He was crying in my hair. After all, Bowie was his god daughter.

The rest of the night was pretty much information and tears.

"So tomorrow Rachel will start treatment. She should stay for the rest of this week, we will give you information, and anything Rachel needs. I'm sorry." Dr Grey said walking out.

Josh sighed and sat down on the end of her bed.

"So, tell me about Rachel,"

sorry for a sad chapter

i've been feeling sad lately

i know it's not wednesday but i wanted to update

bye guys

love you

-abbey |-/