epilogue

july 17th, 2023
"bye mommy! promise me you'll be waiting when i get home?" the little blonde boy said to his mom.

"yes austin, now go! don't miss the bus!" the tall woman said standing up from her squatting position. she waved as she watched her 5 year old son run to the bus. she smiled as it drove away.

she walked up the steps to her house, opening the door which led to the living room.

"how was austin?" the brunette asked as she placed down the ultra sound pictures.

"he was good. what time is your appointment today?" harley asked her wife, ruby.

"it's at 12:30. i'm excited we get to see what the gender is today," ruby said smiling.

"well good luck, because i was pregnant first so," she laughed, kissing her wife's cheek. ruby rolled her eyes and continued to look at the photos when there was a knock at the door. harley ran to open it when she was greeted by her mother and father.

"mom! dad! i haven't seen you in so long!" harley said pulling her mother into a big hug.

"it's so good to see you again!" jenna said kissing her daughters head.

"josh and cat will be by later today for the party. my grandson is turning 6!" tyler said hugging his daughter. she rolled her eyes and laughed as her wife walked into the room.

"hey guys!" ruby said hugging her mother and father in law. while jenna and ruby were talking about baby things, tyler got the chance to talk with his daughter.

"so my daughters are 23 and 14, i have a grandson and another grandkid on the way, and i'm only 39," tyler said to his daughter.

"wow, life is so hard for you," harley said wiping her fake tear, running into the living room where her mother and wife were sitting.

tyler smiled at the fact he finally had a family.

his oldest daughter was all grown up.

his youngest daughter was growing up.

his grandson was getting so big.

and he was only 39.
----------------------------
"uncle josh! uncle josh! uncle jooooooosh!" austin said jumping around on the couch.

"hey there big boy!" josh said picking the blonde boy up, throwing him around.

"josh, were is cat?" harley asked.

"here!" the light haired girl said throwing her purse on the ground, giving her older sister a hug.

"auntie cat! my favorite i missed you!" austin screamed trying to jump from josh's arms.

"well hello there buddy!" cat said picking up her nephew. cat and austin always had a special bond.

"okay so you all know about the appointment today right?" ruby asked standing up.

"sí sí," cat said bouncing the boy on her lap.

"well we know the gender," she smiled.

"ooh! ooh! what is it?" jenna asked pushing her long blonde hair out of her face.

"a girl!" harley yelled.

screams and cheers erupted from the family as they stood up and smiled.

once everyone went quiet, austin asked a question.

"auntie cat?" his small voice asked, as he twirled his fingers in the teens blondish hair.

"yes?" she asked.

"why do all my friends have a mommy and a daddy but i have two mommys?" he asked. everyone gasped.

"well, you can have two mommys, two daddy's, a mommy and a daddy, or one mommy, or one daddy! it's because your mommys love each other very, very much. so no matter if it's a boy, or a girl, or nobody! you can choose to love whoever you want," cat explained to her nephew.

"who's the closest person i have to a daddy? would it be grampy ty? or uncle joshy?" the boy asked again.

"both!" cat smiled.

"was that a joshler reference?" ruby laughed from the couch. cat shrugged and laughed.

the whole night the family danced, played games, ate, laughed, talked and spent time together.

"okay everyone! who's ready for austin to blow out his candles!" ruby asked running into the kitchen.

"is my big boy ready to blow out his candles?" jenna asked her grandson. he smiled and nodded and gave his grandmother a big kiss on the cheek.

"ready?" harley asked turning off the lights with her elbow and she placed the cake in front of her son.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear austin, happy birthday to you!" everyone sang as austin blew out the candles.

"mommys! mommys! look i did it!" the boy said pointing to the cake.

"yes you did!" harley said picking up the boy, kissing him on the nose.

"i love you mommys," austin said pulling ruby close to him.

"i love you too my sweet boy,"

the end!!!!