chapter 6: hospital day 2

Harley
I hate hospitals. A lot. They scare me, they remind me of the night of the accident, the night with Elizabeth, visiting Bowie when she was hurt. I just hate them.

Luckily, today all I have to worry about is getting 2 casts chopped off my legs. No big deal.

I lay in bed for a few more minutes, waiting for Bowie to wake up. That didn't happen. We had set an alarm for 9:00 just so we wouldn't be late. It was 8:47.

"You can't," Bowie groaned.

"What?" I looked up laughing. She was sleep talking.

"It's mine," She raised her voice now a bit. Usually when this happens, it lasts maybe 5 minutes at most.

"Ahh!" She yelled bolting up, causing me to burst into a fit of laughter.

"Hey!" She yelled throwing a pillow at me.

"It's funny!" I retaliated, throwing the pillow back at her. She stood up and walked over to me to help me out of bed.

"Thanks Pete!" I laughed, mocking Patrick as she pushed me out of my room, into the kitchen where Tyler was watching tv.

"No thanks Pete," She screamed in a deep voice, causing Tyler to jump.

"Meme'd it!" We yelled at the same time high fiving.

"You scared me! You two little-" Tyler yelled running over to us, but he was cutoff by Josh coming in the door.

"Yo Bo!" Josh yelled running in the door. She turned to him, and he threw her pills at her, but she wasn't paying attention and got hit in the head, causing everyone to start hysterically laughing, including her.

"Okay girls, go get ready and meet us out here. When we get home I have a surprise," Tyler said jumping up and down. I laughed and we went back to my room. I lended Bowie a pair of leggings and a navy blue sweatshirt, and I put on some leggings and a sweatshirt. We went back into the living room, where Josh and Tyler were waiting.

"Lets go!" Josh yelled jumping to the door.

"Wait a second! Why are we leaving so early?" I asked holding (a/n on to you) out my arm.

"Well, we have a surprise! Now let's go!" Josh said stomping like a 5 year old. I laughed and we went out to the car. What's with all the surprises?

Tyler helped me in the car, in the back next to Bowie, and Josh put my wheelchair in the trunk. Josh decided to drive and Tyler sat in the passenger side (a/n of his best friends ride trying to holla at me k enough puns)

"Here, plug my phone in the aux chord and press shuffle," Bowie said, handing her phone to Tyler. He plugged it in and Sex by the 1975 started to play.

"And this is how it starts!" Bowie and I yelled looking at each other. We sang the lyrics, and before the song ended, we pulled into this restaurant.

"Where are we?" I asked Josh as he opened my door, helping me out of the car.

"IHOP!" Tyler screeched, as he jumped into the establishment. There were about 7 other people in there, one of the groups noticed Tyler and Josh, so they took pictures with them, and even Bowie and I. We were seated by the window, I sat next to Bowie, and Tyler and Josh sat next to each other.

We ordered what we wanted, I just got normal pancakes, Bowie got red velvet ones, Josh got birthday cake ones (a/n I've never been there so idk) and Tyler got chocolate chip pancakes. Sometimes they acted like children, and it was hilarious.

"So, what are some things we don't know about you?" Tyler asked. Bowie looked at me, gesturing me to speak, because I knew she didn't want to.

"Bowie and I dance and play sports," I said. Josh nodded his head, as well as Tyler.

"What about you Bowie?" Josh asked.

"I'm Bowie, I'm 15 years old, but act like a 12 year old and I eat to much and I'm Jesse Rutherford trash HUUUH" She said laughing. How did I see it coming.

"Oh, and she makes dirty jokes!" I added. Bowie shook her head agreeing, and Tyler and Josh looked, confused.

We put the money on the table, along with the tip and we went back into the car. We played Bowie's phone, singing along to R.I.P. to my youth by The Neighbourhood, Bruised by Jack's Mannequin and a lot of the 1975.

*skip car ride to hospital*

"Hi, welcome to Ohio Trauma Center. What can we do for you today?" The lady at the desk asked. She was perky. It was gross.

"We have an appointment with Dr. Mason, he's removing my daughters cast," Tyler replied.

"Okay, Harley Joseph?" She asked looking down at me in the wheelchair. I nodded.

"Okay, and are you too family?" She asked, gesturing to Josh and Bowie.

"Yes," Josh said. She nodded and leaded us down a hall, to a room.

"Okay, you can have a seat here," The lady said helping me onto a table. She said okay to much.

"Dr. Mason will be here any minute," She said walking out.

"So, how do they remove these?" I asked.

"Well, they take a huge saw, almost like a chain saw, and they cut it off," Josh said. What,

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Well, kind of. Don't worry it doesn't hurt. You've been through much worse than this," Tyler said. There was a small knock on the door, and Dr. Mason came in.

"Hi, how are you today?" He asked putting down a clipboard.

"Good," I said.

"Has she experienced any pain?" He asked Tyler.

"No, not that I know of," He said looking to me. I shook my head no.

"Perfect. Okay, so what we're going to do is take a saw, cut off both of your casts, and give you a boot for your right leg." He said, picking up the saw. I nodded, and he turned it on. He cut off the left one first, and then he brought out a boot. He put it next to me, and cut off the right one.

"Okay, that's it. Call us if you need anything," He said walking out.

"Thank you," Tyler and I said as he walked out. I put on the boot, and we walked out and we saw Jenna talking to a nurse.

"Oh hey sweetie! How did it go?" She asked walking over to us.

"Good," I said. She smiled and we walked out to the car. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out, and looked at it.

ruby😻👻🔴🙋🏻- hey harley. do you want to come to the mall with me?

I stood there for a second.

me- yes. definitely.

this ending sux. that's it m8s thanks for reading🙏🏻👻

so if you guys want to be featured (i think i said this last chapter) in this book, like as a character, pm me! also, if you would like a shoutout, pm me too!

that's all for this chapter.

love you
-abbey |-/