The Fight

Stiles

I've been bored all day and I just can't wait until Derek gets home from work. We can have some fun together, to make me not so bored

I hear the door open and immediately get up and run to it, hugging Derek like there is no tomorrow.

He pushes me away and walks into the lounge room. He sits down and sighs, rubbing his hands all over his face.

I try not to look hurt at the fact that he pushed me away so he doesn't feel bad. I know he's in a bad mood because of work, he didn't actually mean to do that. I hope.

I sit down next to him and sling my arm around his shoulders. "You alright?" I ask cautiously, trying not to provoke him.

"No, I'm not alright because my boss just fired me and now I have to come home to a clingy, annoying, sarcastic boyfriend" he spits, getting up and stripping off his jacket.

I get up, tears in my eyes threatening to fall out. "If, if you really mean that" I sniff, taking a step back, "I will just um go" I start crying as I walk out of the door, hearing Derek yell after me but I just ignore him.

"Stupid me for thinking he loves me" I scoff, "Stupid me for thinking that he actually wanted to date me" I sniff once more.

I call Scott and ask if I can stay at his. He doesn't question it and just lets me stay there. I drive to his place trying not to try because I'm driving and that would not really be good.

I finally reach Scotts house and bang on his door. He opens it up and engulfs me into a tight, comforting hug.

"I really needed that" I breathe, once we pull apart. He smiles and steps out of the doorway letting me in. I walk into the familiar house and lay down on his couch, trying not to think about what just happened.

"So what happened" Scott sighs, lifting my legs and sitting down before placing my legs on top of his.

"Derek and I had a fight" I say, trying not to cry.

"About" he says, gesturing for me to continue but I didn't want to. I lay there staring at the other end of the room.

"Stiles" he sighs, leaning on my legs to get a better look at me. "He told me I was annoying, clingy and sarcastic" I scoff, anger washing over me.

"I am none of those thing" I yell, sitting up but then laying back down straight away.

"Right?" I question, my voice cracking.

"Of course you aren't" he smiles, but then laughs "except maybe sarcastic, that is one of your best qualities". I smile back at him and sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"You should sleep" he says, pushing my legs off of him.

I nod and get up, following him up the stairs and into his room. We do share a bed but that's only because we are like brothers. That night, I didn't sleep Much.

I wake up at 10 am and slowly get out of bed, not wanting to go on about the day without Derek. I frown as I walk downstairs.

I grab my phone let I left on the couch and look at my messages.

20 missed calls from Derek
8 messages from Derek.

I sigh and stare at my screen for a while before I open the messages.

Derek: Stiles I swear I didn't mean it
Derek: stiles please answer me
Derek: where are you, I'll come get you
Derek: we need to talk
Derek: if you want to talk please meet me tomorrow at my loft at 10
Derek: stiles please answer my calls
Derek: Stiles please
Derek: I love you

I check the time and see that it's 9:30, I yell at Scott that I'll be back later and walk outside and hop into my jeep.

I shake my hands and try to calm myself down before I knock on the door, it slides open. I look up and see Derek, smiling widely at me.

"Stiles" he smiles, stepping forward to hug me but I step back, avoiding looking into his eyes.

"Derek, I th-think we shouldn't see each other anymore" I say, still looking down at my feet.

"What?" He says, trying to step forward again but I just step back.

"I love you" he sobs, trying to reach for my hand.

"We are just going to take a break, yeah, a break and see how it goes, you can calm down and I can see how I feel" I sniff, finally looking up at his face. I see his heartbroken eyes and frown. It's not making this situation any better but it has to be done.

"Ok but I'll wait for you" he says, stepping back into his loft.

"I know" I smile, walking away from him and back to my jeep, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and hop into my jeep, letting the tears flow down my cheeks. I slam my hand down onto the steering wheel, screaming and yelling.

This was the right thing to do but why does it hurt so much. I drive to Scotts house and walk in, plopping myself down onto the couch and letting my head fall into my hands.

3 months later

We were having another very awkward pack meeting. Literally all the happens for the 40 minutes that we are there is everyone staring at me and Derek and waiting for something to happen but it never does.

Everyone leaves but I decide to stay behind, alone, with Derek. He looks at me weirdly but I just smile.

"You waited" I smiled, walking closer to him.

"I told you I would" he said, crushing me in a tight hug, kissing the top of my head. "I never meant those things I said" he said, running his fingers through my hair while I trace circles on his back.

"I know, I just felt like we needed a break, ya know?" I say, pulling away from the embrace and smiling up at him.

"I know" he smiles, kissing my forehead, then my nose, then my cheek and finally my lips.

"Ive waited for that for three months" he laughs, taking me upstairs to our bed.