Where's My Family?

Stiles' POV

Today is the day that I'm going to tell Derek how I feel about him.

I love him and I know he probably won't love me back but I just need to get this weight off my shoulders because it's honestly weighing me down. I can't think of anyone else other than Derek.

Derek this, Derek that. My mind is half studies, school, family, friends and the other half is all about DEREK. I can't get him off my mind so when I tell him hopefully I will be able to focus on my study again.

I knock on his metal door and when I get no response I slide it open. Looking around his empty loft is kind of a downer. He doesn't have anyone else. All he has is himself and his couch.

"Derek," I call out, looking around the cold, dark loft.

I hear a sniff over near the couch and I immediately look into that direction. "Derek?" I call out again but I get another sniff in return. I cock my head to the side and walk toward his dusty black couch. I see that the TV was on and finding dory has just finished playing.

Derek? Watching finding dory? Really?

"Derek?" I ask once again, looking toward the couch and seeing a big blob of a blanket. The blanket had started to shake so I ripped it off the couch to reveal a sobbing Derek.

"Oh my god," I whisper leaning down so I'm at Derek's level, I start to rub slow circles on his back in an attempt to calm him, "Hey there, it's okay. Want to tell me what's wrong?" I ask him as gently as I can continuing to draw circles on his clothed back. Derek looked up at me, tears streaming down his face.

"She found her family," He whispered pointing to the TV screen that is currently playing the Finding Dory credits, "Why can't I?"

At this, I break. Derek is still sad, he will always be sad and I need to help him get through this. "Hey it's okay, you have a family," I smile, pulling him into my arms, he nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck, sniffing me as he does so.

"Do I? I thought everyone hated me," he states, keeping his face buried in my neck.

"I don't hate you, Derek, I love you," I breathe, gently pressing my lips on his neck not knowing if he wants this.

I can feel his hand on my chin so I look up into his green eyes, he smiles through his tears and pulls me onto his lips.

"I love you too Stiles"

-
Remember me?

Yeah, im still here just kinda needed a break I guess.

It's a short chapter but I'm publishing a long one right after this so be prepared. Also this was requested :).

I'm really sorry but seriously I'll try to update again!

Thank you to the people who haven't given up yet! Hopefully there's more to come