They weren't meant to find out

Derek's Pov

It's dark out with stars sparkling in the skies. I decided to take a walk in the woods because it's peaceful tonight and I needed to take my mind off of things. Now that Scott and Stiles are in my life, I need to learn how to talk to people and actually show emotion. I like both boys, the look like they have a lot of determination which is good. That's what Beacon Hills needs. Two boys to always save the day even though Stiles is just a human I know he has great potential but I can't help but think his scent is a bit funny for a human, I mean he smells like a teenager but he also smells of fire, and fox which is different.

I walk deeper into the forest and fin a nice spot to relax and think about what has happened in the past week. I close my eyes for about a minute until I feel something soft and fluffy brush up against my arm, I jump out and get to attack. I hear a small yip and look down to see an orange fox, sitting and wagging their tail. "Hello" I smile, leaning down to the tiny fox and the fox yips again and runs up to me, jumping onto my chest causing me to fall over. I laugh and pat the fox between his ears. "You're so soft" I whisper, loving the feeling of his fur in between my fingers. The fox looks me in the eyes and flashes their eyes, they are a reddish, orange colour. "You're a werefox" I state, sitting up but the fox stays in my lap. "Girl?" I ask and the fox shakes his head, "Boy", He nods and starts to lick my face. He's kinda cute. I reach for his tail but he flinches away, I look at him and he snarls, flashes his orange eyes and I flash my red ones. He flattens his ears against his head and puts his tail between his legs, whimpering as he does. "Is your tail hurt?" I ask the small fox, rubbing my hand in between his ears. He nods and finally lets me take a look at it, and there's some blood, I take a closer look and see there is a stick lodged in there and I tug at it to pull it out but the fox snarls and tries to bite my hand, I flash my eyes again and this time he lets me pull it out. He once again licks my face, "I'm going to take you home" I smile and lean over to pick him up.

I finally reach my loft and bring the orange fox to my home, I set him down gently and he begins to run around, sniffing every object in the room, including me. I sit on the couch and the fox jumps up and lays his head on my lap. I start to pat him, while I think.

I can't keep calling his fox or the fox, I have to come up with a name. "Do you want a name, you probably have one because you're a werefox but until you're ready to transform back into a fox, you should probably have a name?" I say in one breath, I have no idea why I'm so nervous around this fox. "Foxy? Orangie? um" I think, looking at his features, "Little Red?" I ask and he looks up at me, his tongue sticking out a little, "Little Red it is, but I'll call you red for short" The fox yips and lays his head back down on my lap.

I jump awake when I hear the lift door being opened when I see it's Scott, I relax until he tells me a thing I never want to hear. "Stiles is missing" He pants, he probably ran all the way here, since Stiles is usually his ride. "How do you know?," I ask sternly, getting up and now realising that the fox is no longer there. "Red!" I yell, getting nothing in response. I start to panic but I know I don't have to, he's a fox, he can take care of himself. "what?" Scott asks, obviously confused that I just randomly blurted out red, "I found a werefox last night, well he found me and I took him home and I called him little red" I shake my head and try to focus myself on the missing Stiles situation, "How do you know he's missing?" I ask again and this time Scott shakes his head, "He hasn't been answering his phone and I went to his house, where he was meant to be but he wasn't there, so I searched all night but I lost his scent in the woods" He says, suddenly the door opens and Stiles walks in, "Stiles Oh my god" Scott yells, literally jumping for joy when he sees his best friend, alive and well. "Stiles where were you, and why do you smell like Derek," Scott says, looking very confused. "He smells like me?" I ask, also getting confused. "Um about that" he says, holding out my leather jacket, for a second there I thought he was the fox, "Thanks, it's going to get cold out when I go to look for Red" I say and Stiles looks up almost instantly, "I mean whoever Little Red is, he can wait, we need to have a pack meeting" Stiles says quickly, I'm about to say okay until I think of something, he said Little Red, I haven't told anyone that Red is short for Little Red, only the fox. "Stiles" I say, he looks at me and I direct him to come to me and he does, he looks down at his feet once he's right in front of me, "Look at me" I demand, and he slowly raises his face to meet mine, I flash my red eyes and his eyes flash the reddish, orange colour, "You're the fox" I gasp and he nods, "I saw you and I was immediately drawn to you in my fox form, what does that mean" He asks, innocently.

My wolf growls mate, "You're my...mate" I say, putting my hand on his shoulder. He looks up at me and smiles, he leans forward and plants a kiss on my cheek which causes my wolf to go crazy. "I thought wolves and foxes don't get along" He laughs, and someone coughs loudly, interrupting our little moment, "You're a fucking fox!" Scott yells, obviously displeased with Stiles keeping his secret.

"Yeah, I'll explain everything, to everyone but I just found out I have a mate and I need to have a date with him" Stiles smiles, "let's go have our date" I smile.

----

This lovely person, @supernaturalislife99 requested this and I mean I'm not happy how it turned out, yes the start was good but I know

I RUSHED IT OK

I needed to post and this was going on for longer than I expected so I needed to finish it and no sorry there will be no part 2 for this. Make it up for your imagination!

Also I'm not going to be updating regularly or as frequently because I just started school again :) love youuu guys