Chapter 7 - A New Day

Photo Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbinondo/10826118305/in/photostream/

It's a great weekend my friends! So looking forward to Kalye Serye on Saturday. Have you seen the pre-nup video already? My heart is full of happiness for MaiChard. It's wonderful how at this point of my story, it coincides with the happy vibe of KS, and the joy of Aldub Nation over these events.

We all want to see Richard and Maine end up together, and in this story, Richard and Dei are on the brink of that. There will be happy times ahead, moments we all want to treasure. I hope you enjoy this point of the story, while also enjoying what's happening to them in real life.

Great weekend for us all, beshies. Enjoy it and do comment, I love it when you all do :)

Richard woke up at 4:30 in the morning, Dei's body draped over his. Her head was nestled against his shoulder, her arm across his chest, her leg entwined between his. He would have been happy sleeping apart from her since there were two beds in their room, but Dei got adorably clingy and wanted to sleep in his arms. And he was such a sucker so here he was, trying to temper his libido, even while her breasts were rubbing against his chest as she snuggled closer to him.

"Dei....." He gently woke her up, caressing her arm. She slowly opened her eyes, covering her mouth with the edge of the blanket and looked at him, her eyes twinkling.

"Good morning babe," she said, making Richard warm all over. First time, first time for her to call him babe and he turned into mush. This woman didn't know what power she had over him. He hugged her, kissing her forehead, then eased out his arm from under her head. He went to the bathroom to do his morning rituals then let Dei do hers.

While she was there, he called for housekeeping to deliver the bouquet of fresh flowers he ordered several nights ago. He hid the bouquet in the veranda, on one of the chairs and covered it with newspapers. The ring was already in the pocket of his shorts, he was nervous as hell and emotional, but so ready for this.

She stepped out of the bathroom, looking freshly showered and clad in a pretty sundress. He smiled at her, pulling her to the veranda.

"Just in time, Dei."

He wrapped his arms around her from behind, his chin on her forehead. The sky's color was slowly changing, as yellows and oranges mingled with white and blue. Like a huge palette, the sky was slowly transforming, a breathtaking yet soothing spectacle to watch. The cool breeze made them snuggle against each other, yet they continued to stare at the beautiful sunrise, awestruck by the vibrant colors of the sky.

Dei sighed wistfully. "Wouldn't it be wonderful to wake up to this everyday?"

"Yes it would babe. But you know, I would be content just waking up everyday beside you."

"Yes, I'd like that, RJ. Very much."

"Seriously? Because I want it to happen, Dei."

He turned her to face him, the blue velvet box in his hand. His ears were a furious red, his hand cold as he reached for her left hand, which was just as clammy.

"Dei.....I've spent so many nights thinking about this, and through all those nights, my thoughts always end with doing this. I love you. I want to bind my life with yours. I want to wake up every morning with you beside me, snuggled against me, smelling as sweet as you always do. I want to take care of you, be the man who will always make you feel loved. Desirae, will you do me the honor of being my wife soon? Will you marry me babe?"