Chapter 33 - Curtain Call

Photo Credit: www.pep.ph

Ok, back to regular programming my dear readers. I may have deviated from the original direction but not from the main plot. Many were asking if the Prologue would change, since I changed the direction of the story. Plot twist....read on.

I hope you will still read the story, life cannot exist on fluff alone. So I'm back from outer space, I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face, so sorry, we're back to the main plot. It's tougher, lonelier and harder for both because they chose to remain stubborn instead of understanding each other.

Thank you for commenting in the past chapters, I really LOVE it when you share your thoughts. Please do the same here Hope you all have a safe and happy weekend. Enjoy!

December 25, 20i6

The days leading to Christmas were the best days in Dei's and Richard's relationship. It was almost like Richard never left, and all the ugly things between them never happened. The baby sealed their feelings for each other, giving them further reason to just forget the past pain and continue their relationship. 

But pretty soon, reality catches up with them.

They had just arrived home when Richard's phone rang. Letting Dei and the baby into the house, Richard waited until Dei was no longer within earshot and answered the phone.

"Good evening po, Mr. Enriquez. Merry Christmas po."

"Merry Christmas Richard, how's everything with Dei and your baby?"

"Ok naman po, both have been normal naman since coming out of the hospital, wala naman pong complications. Sir........alam ko pong 10 working days lang ang binigay niyong leave sakin, pero pwede po ba akong mag-extend hanggang New Year? Di ko pa po nasasabi kay Dei na babalik pa rin ako sa Macao."

"Richard, let's be fair sa mga kasama mo. I allowed you to come home because your wife was giving birth and to be honest, you should've gone back on the 23rd but I allowed you to stay until today. Bigyan din natin ng chance ang mga kasama mo to be with their families for New Year. I'm sorry, but you have to go back tomorrow."

"Sige po, I just tried lang naman po. I understand." Richard cut the connection and shook his head. How was he going to tell Dei? He didn't want to spoil Christmas for her, but he needed to tell her he was leaving the next day.

He entered the bedroom and saw Dei draping a blanket over Thirdy, who was fast asleep in his crib. It was a different crib from the one in Dei's parents' house, a crib Richard insisted on buying. She looked at him and smiled, looking so happy. Her smile became uncertain upon seeing his face, noting his sadness.

"Babe, pwede ba tayong mag-usap sa labas?"

He took her hand and pulled her to leave the bedroom. It seemed Dei already had a hint of what he wanted to talk to her about. Her face suddenly became guarded, reminding him of the last time he left.

"Babe.......I need to go back tomorrow to Macao. I tried to ask for an extension hanggang New Year, pero hindi ako pinayagan."

"You know you have a choice not to go back RJ. May pambayad tayo, you're just too stubborn to take this option kasi ma-pride ka."

"Dei.......let's not fight, it's Christmas."

"Let's not fight? Kung ayaw mong mag-away tayo, wag ka na umalis."

"Dei........I really need to go back, yung PMs na iniwan ko, sila naman ang magha-holiday dito."

"Ok, go back there then pagbalik nila sa Macao, uwi ka na dito ulit, for good na. RJ, ayoko magalit, ayoko rin makipag-away sayo, pero naman.....ang saya-saya na natin. I was willing to forget all the pain you put me through because you came back. Don't do this."