Chapter 43 - Daddy's Day Home

Photo Credit : Grabed from divinaursula's Snapchat account

Hello there beshies.....Let's deviate from the normal programming and pay homage to the simple things in life. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd like to pay tribute to all parents and their sacrifices for their children, mabuhay kayo!

I wanted tor rest from the nastiness of Sheila, and the SPG. Life isn;t all about that, we have other moments too, like moments with our family. So this chapter might be too tame or boring for some, I understand if you won't want to read it and prefer the action-packed ones. But I just needed to take a breather and write something light and heart-warming, which I hope you will still appreciate.

To the OFWs who miss your families, saludo ako sa inyo, this is also dedicated for you. Our heartaches and sacrifices as parents pay off when we see our families happy. Here's to more time with our loved ones, may we give them the time they deserve before we realize it's too late. Enjoy reading! :) 

"Hello RJ?"

"Mom, yes what's up?"

"Anak, you can't leave Thirdy here today, I have the flu, baka mahawa sakin, kawawa naman."

"Oh no, are you ok mom?"

"Yes, I'll be ok. Feeling a little weak lang from the fever, my joints hurt too. But your dad took me to the hospital already last night, I was given meds to take already."

"Sige po, we'll visit na lang when you get better."

"Yes, this may take a few days more. I hope Your dad doesn't get the virus from me."

"Sige, pagaling ka po."

He cut the connection and went to the bedroom to talk to Dei. Thirdy had just taken his bath, and was buck naked, jumping up and down the bed. It was funny to see how Dei was trying to catch him to wear his diaper and shirt, the naughty boy was laughing and thought he and mommy were playing a game.

"Thirdy, come on.....papasok pa si mommy. Please?"

Richard came to the rescue and dived into the bed to catch his son. Both father and son erupted in laughter while Dei frowned at them.

"RJ....you're not helping at all. Kaya namimihasa yan eh. You're holding him anyway so put the shirt and pampers on him. I need to get dressed and go to work."

"Babe, we can't bring Thirdy kina mommy, she's sick with the flu. Pano kaya?"

"Wait lang, I'll call mama. I'll ask if they can take him today. Kasi naman ayaw mo kumuha tayo ng yaya eh."

"Babe, I don't want a stranger taking care of our son. His grandparents are more than willing to take him, so let's take advantage of that. Wag lang talaga stranger ang mag-alaga, baka mamya may gawin pang masama."

"Fine....fine, sige I'll call mama. Are you hungry?"

"Don't mind me, call mama first. Ako na bahala sa breakfast, I bought some bread on my way back from my run. You want anything? Hotdog? Eggs?"

"I'm not hungry, babe."

"Eh hotdog and eggs ko?"

"Grabe ha, anong nakain niyong mag-ama bat ang kulit niyo ngayon? Gahhh....hello mama? Need to ask a favor sana..."

Her voice drifted off while she continued to talk to her mama in the bathroom. After a few minutes, she went out, her body wrapped in a towel.

"Hala baby, si mama maysakit din. Pano na 'to? Press launch ng engagement ni Alvin and Danica, I can't be absent today kasi dadating yung mga bloggers, I need to meet with their pre-nup photographer pa."