Chapter 52 - Realizations

Hi beshies, sorry for the two-day hiatus, had a flu relapse and I needed to take things slow. It seems writing also sapped my energy, so I had to rest for the past days. Still unwell but hoping tomorrow will tell a different story, hehe, no pun intended.

This chapter is a transition of sorts for the couple as you will find out when you read it. I promised a happy ending and I will deliver. So please, just make do with this short update, I will give you something much better tomorrow, yeah?

Thanks for the wonderful response to my upcoming fic, nakakataba ng puso kayong lahat. I will start working on it during Christms break para January 2, we see each oher again in a different playgroumd. Enjoy the weekend my dears :)

February 2019

Construction was underway for the Richard's new office. Richard opted to build an extension within the property he and Dei lived in, converting a portion of the living room and extending the front portion to be a small office for about four people, the rest of his team would be home-based draftsmen for now. Once their new house was finished, the whole team could transfer and hold office here after they move in to the dream house he was building for Dei.

He now had an important appointment with somone he owed an apology to, someone he had not seen for a very long time. Richard entered the Starbucks outlet in Greenbelt to meet with his friend from college days, Sam.

"Papi," Sam said solemnly, clasping his hand and bumping shoulders with him. "Long time no see at hear ha. Tapos na ba LQ natin?"

It was a loaded joke, and Richard winced upon hearing it. He knew he misjudged his friend and he wanted to make amends.

"Paps, sorry. I wasn't thinking straight, ang gulo ng buhay ko back them, naghiwalay pa kaming mag-asawa ng mahigit isang taon dahil sa nangyari sa opisina natin."

"Lam mo RJ, wala naman yun eh. I understood if you needed space and time to think, or time to focus on the problem. Pero yung pati ako iniwasan mo because you doubted me, masakit yun. I would never do what Daniel did to you."

"Alam ko naman yun. Pinili ko lang wag muna tayo mag-usap kasi marami akong iniisip, ayokong may masabi akong mali sayo. Sana ok pa rin tayo."

"Look ganito na lang, ok na tayo bro. Forget about that na."

"Ok, which brings me to my next reason why I asked to meet you. I have five pending projects bro, and it's getting to be difficult to oversee the team. Kasi puro work-from-home arrangement pa kami ngayon. But it looks like kailangan na talaga mag-deploy ng formal workforce na reporting regularly sa isang office lang.  Ang hirap mag-coordinate ng remote, layo-layo sila, minsan pa hindi online kaya tatawagan pa. Would you consider partnering with me again?"

"Hmmm. Pag-isipan ko ha, nasanay na ko na mag-isa nagtatrabaho eh."

"Hala, nagpakipot pa. Akala ko ba ok na tayo eh bakit may ganyan?"

"Eh kasi baka pag nagkaroon na naman ng problema, galit-galit tayo ulit. Paps, magka-partner tayo, dapat hinaharap natin magkasama yung problema. Imbes na sinolo mo, umabot pa kayo sa hiwalayan, baka sana natulungan pa kita."

"Oo na nga eh, mali na nga ako. Sige na Sam. I can't do this alone, I need your help. Maybe we are wiser now, pareho na tayong natuto from past mistakes."

"Fine, fine grabe ang kulit mo. Sige, sige, ano  na details, saan ang office at sino team natin?

-----

Foster Entertainment was on their toes. A fan claiming to be a former girlfriend of Alvin surfaced in a press conference for the new Aldub movie with a toddler in tow, claiming that the child is his. The media went wild with speculations, and Danica was caught in the crossfire, feeling the brunt of the "false pity" of A-bashers.

Alvin was speechless. Dei told him not to speak to anybody, not even his close friends in media or otherwise. She wanted to contain the flow of information and locked Alvin in their conference room, just the two of them.

"Alvin ano 'to? Diba sabi ko sayo no surprises? Na sasabihin mo lahat sakin? Akala ko ba huling girlfriend mo yung nung high school ka pa?"

"But that's true, Dei. Kilala ko yung girl, I will admit we went out on a date pero once lang yun at never ko siya naging girlfriend. "

"Eh bakit ang lakas ng loob niya to claim na may anak kayo? There must be a reason why she's saying that."

"Yes, it's because she has pictures of us na medyo misleading."

"Paanong misleading?"

"I think she slipped something in my drink and I got groggy during our date."

"Pero walang nangyari sa inyo ha."

"Wala.......yata."

"Fuck.......di ka sigurado?"

"Dei, ang tagal na nun, everything was hazy because of whatever she made me drink. She approached me then for money and I gave her the money para matapos na. Malay ko ba na uulit siya?"

"Then we have no recourse but to demand a DNA test."

"Ha?! Eh pano kung lumabas na positive?"

"Do the math, how many years ago kayo lumabas for that date?"

"Before Aldub yun, 2014?"

"Ok, the child is three years old meaning she was born 2015. Dun pa lang we already have nothing to worry about. Ang worry na lang natin if she intends to leak those photos. So before she does that, let's take the offensive. We'll have a press con and you will challenge her to have a DNA test done."

'You think that will work?"

"I have two theories eh. Either she needs money or our competitor paid her to do this. Kasi kahit di naman tutoo, the goal is to make people doubt you. So we can't keep quiet. Dapat magsalita ka about this."

"OK, got it."

"Talk to Danica. Dapat solid kayo, she should not doubt you. When you go out on that press con tomorrow, have her by your side, supportive as ever."

Dei stayed in the office till midnight, arranging for the press con. She called the admins of the fan clubs and asked that they gather fans in the press con venue. She also called media friends to attend the event, with a promise of an exclusive scoop on the issue. She arranged for an FB Live Q&A for Aldub, to show fans that the couple was still as sweet as ever.

It was close to 2:00 in the morning by the time Dei got home, Richard stayed up to wait for her, heating up some food when he found out she haven't had any dinner. She was quiet throughout eating her late dinner. He let her eat dinner in peace, waited till she had her shower and offered her a massage.

While kneading her tired muscles, he started a conversation with her.

"Babe ok ka lang ba?"

"Hmmm? Yes, ok lang ako. Just thinking lang, I want to quit my job na."

"Ha? O, bakit? Diba na-solve mo naman yung problema?"

"Oo, pero nami-miss ko na si Thirdy eh. This whole week, laging tulog na siya pag umuuwi ako. Tapos pagod na rin ako na pati weekends work pa rin. Iniisip ko bumalik na lang sa pagsusulat, which was what I really wanted to do naman. Pero home-based na. Konting panahon na lang mag-aaral na si Thirdy eh, di ko na masyado makakasama."

"Whatever you want babe. Think about it ha, baka nabibigla ka lang dahil sa issue na to."

"No, been thinking about this for quite a while now. Also..........gusto ko na mag-baby ulit. Can we stop the pills and condom now? Tutal this year mag-three years old na si Thirdy."

"Oo naman. Anything my baby wants. Matagal ko na gustong mag-baby ulit pero I wanted to be fair kay Thirdy, gusto ko maramdaman niyang sa kanya lang attention natin ng ilang taon."

"Ok.......I'll just let this crisis pass tapos magpapaalam na ko kay Alvin."

Before going to bed, hand in hand they rayed together, asking for guidance and enlightenment for their new plans. It was an exciting time of their lives, growing their family, growing Richard's business, and Dei knowing where her priorities were.

Tomorrow was a bright and sunny day for the Faulkerson family.