Chapter 36 - Anticipation

Photo Credit: Aldub BTS & EB Updates Youtube Post

Good evening my dear readers! We're almost in the present, tomorrow, our Dei and Richard will be meeting after so many months away from each other. But before that, let's see what transpired, leading to their meeting again.

Imagine the anticipation, the eagerness and the plans they are making in preparation for being face-to-face again. Definitely, both are looking forward to seeing each other, but rmember they still have unresolved issues.

Here's to a light-hearted chapter, with a little humor, affection and love. Enjoy :)

5:00 AM June, 2017

"Good morning mama, papa."

Dei kissed her parents and settled into one of the chairs at the dining table to eat breakfast. Since it was workout day, she was having a light breakfast, just a small bowl of oatmeal with bananas, and coffee.

"Good morning Dei, tulog pa ba baby natin?"

"Yes Papa, he sleeps longer na at night, di na siya namumuyat masyado."

"That's good. You can sleep longer now. You've been coming home late these past few days, anong meron sa office?"

"Aldub has their second movie together in the works. I've been negotiating with the consulate of Germany, the setting will be there."

"Pati ba ikaw pupuntang Germany?"

"Naku hindi po. I told Alvin I'm staying because of Thirdy. Si Pat po ang pupunta."

Her mama's phone suddenly rang but mama seemed to be expecting the call. She stood up and left them to answer the call. Although she went to the bedroom, Dei was still able to figure out who the caller was.

"Hello.......Good morning, din. Yes they're ok. You should see Thirdy, he so big now. Yes....kamukha mo talaga..........."

The call seemed to last for about ten minutes, after which her mama joined them again.

"Mama, was that Richard?"

"Yes it was. He calls almost every week to inquire about Thirdy. He's been asking about when Thirdy will be christened. Six months na nga naman si Thirdy di pa baptized. He's also planning to-"

"What about me, Ma?"

"Ha? What do you mean about you? You've been baptized already when you were only a month old."

"Mama naman eh. I mean what about me? Doesn't he ask about me?"

"Oh...uh........S..sometimes he does. He asks if you're taking care of Thirdy."

"It's ok ma, you don't need to cover for him. I get it, he doesn't ask about me."

She didn't wait for her mama to answer and stood up to clear her side of the table. She went to bathroom to brush her teeth and then checked on Thirdy who was fast asleep in his crib. She smiled as she saw him chuckle in his sleep, his dimples deepening in his face. He looks so much like his father. There were signs that his teeth would be coming out soon, which may be the reason why he was salivating too much.

She still missed him, but the pain over his leaving was now a mere dull ache. It was no longer a gut-wrenching pain that consumed her like before. The memory was reduced to a moment of impulse that she regrets to this day, but was too proud to take back.

His picture holding Thirdy is still her phone wallpaper. Counting the months since he left, it's now his sixth month away, most likely he would be coming home to the Philippines soon or maybe he was home already. She wondered if he would let her know he was already back. They would surely discuss Thirdy, Richard's rights to have him for weekends maybe. Her life was one big cliche. She watched movies so many times, showing estranged couples borrowing the kids for the weekend, and awkward moments when one of them already has a partner, not knowing it would soon be the story of her life.