Chapter 14 - Paper

Photo Credit : Grabbed from Eat Bulaga FB Page

So happy I was able to post an update after finishing two chapters for my AMACon3 entry! What a productive day. Anyway, this is still a happy chapter, it's a celebration of their first year as a married couple.

I hope you enjoy this chapter as we move on to more mature and serious stuff soon. Love is going to be tested, as well as faith and grit of our couple. Hang in there, my dear readers, thank you for embarking on this journey with me.

Hugs to all of you! You all give me inspiration to do better each time, to give you chapters that are always significant because you deserve to read my best effort. Let me know what you think of this chapter and hope yo continue to move forward with me on this journey. Enjoy :)

April 12, 2013

Dei was already on her 20th week of pregnancy. She survived the first trimester despite the difficult morning sickness bouts, her lack of appetite and constant sleepiness, her progress was on track. They were celebrating their first wedding anniversary over the weekend and Richard took a leave from his office so that they could extend their trip until Monday.

She settled on the back seat of the van that was taking them to their hotel. They were on the way to El Nido, a dream destination for them both. She checked her watch, only thirty minutes left till they reach their hotel. It was a four-hour drive from Puerto Princesa airport to El Nido, they would be arriving close to 9:00 in the morning.

Her stomach growled, she was really ravenous. Her appetite changed upon hitting her fifth month of pregnancy, it was like she was always hungry. Richard stirred from his nap, rubbing the drowsiness out of his eyes.

"Good morning sleepyhead," she said, kissing his cheek. Sleepy Richard was the cutest, most lovable version of Richard that there ever was. At this state, he liked to cuddle, to nuzzle her neck and just lay spooned to her quietly. He leaned on her shoulder and caressed her baby bump, his arm scooping her to get closer to him.

"Hungry na ko," She said, kissing his temple.

"Ako rin hungry na, in more ways than one." He rubbed his bare knee against hers, tickling her with the hairs on his leg.

"Ang harot mo Mr. Faulkerson," She whispered, looking at the driver self-consciously.

Thankfully, the van already arrived at their resort. The view at the resort was breathtaking. From the beachfront, the cool blue waters reflected gem drops of sunlight on its surface. The mysterious and intriguing lagoons beckoned to them, lush with greenery and rough textures of stone sediments. It was like a different world far removed from the Philippines, the beauty of El Nido was worth the long drive.

 It was like a different world far removed from the Philippines, the beauty of El Nido was worth the long drive

Photo Credit : Grabbed from Tripadvisor.com.ph  Cadlao Beach Resort

Dei gazed in awe at the sights, standing still for a moment. Her husband hugged her from behind, happy that his little surprise trip provided a much-needed break for both of them. Although Dei resigned from her job, she still got so many writing assignments, and it irked him that she sometimes worked late to meet her deadlines. It got so crazy once that he stormed Pat's office and warned her that if his wife miscarries, he would make Pat's life hell. She eased up after that, agreeing to let Dei wok remotely instead of still reporting for work once in a while.