Chapter 27 - Last Resort

Photo Credit: https://www.tumblr.com/search/shower%20scene%20;)

Ok readers, because I love how brave you are, here's the next part of that sad chapter.  Warning though, SPG ahead, so young readers please read something else.

First of all, thank you for those who understood the flow of the story and for wanting to continue. This chapter is painful, please do not hate me. Like I said, it is necessary for the flow of the story. I don't want to take more of your time, please read and I hope you like it.

Thanks for always commenting, hopefully you do the same here.

It was a Sunday evening, his last night in Manila. He was all packed, bought new luggage and stored it in his car, loading clothes on it little by little so that Dei wouldn't notice, until he completed his packing. He took Dei for a lunch and movie date earlier after hearing mass.

He was telling her tonight, risking her judgement and anger. There was no turning back, not after he already got the funds and paid his supplier for the money he owed them.

For the remaining five days he was with her, he maximized it by spending every moment he could with her, which was not much because she was working. Thankfully she did not work late and even went home early at times because she was not feeling well.

"Dei.....let's talk." He pulled her by the hand and sat at the couch, looking at her, trying to gauge her mood. She looked at him with her trusting eyes, and it was like a knife was ripping through his heart. This was the last time he would see her for a long time. No Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries together. Just phone calls and facetime maybe, which was not enough, far from enough.

"Dei......I finally paid for the money I owe the suppliers for supply and installation of the fixtures. They will finish the project by the end of the month. So I am hoping to get paid by the client soon. We'll get some money to save from that."

Her eyes shined with happiness, she reached over and kissed him. "Sabi ko sayo maaayos rin yung problema. How did you fix it?"

"Babe......" He struggled with how to tell her. "Naaalala mo pa ba si Carlos Enriquez?"

"Yung father nung nakabannga sakin? Yes, I........." And suddenly it dawned on her why he asked.

"Oh my God.....No....NO...Hindi mo naman siguro gagawin yun...." She was looking at him hopefully, searching his face for a denial. He couldn't look her in the eyes, his head bowed in shame.

"Dei....Babe........I'm sorry, wala na kong malapitan......"

"NO! Akala ko ba, sabi mo parang 30 pieces of silver yun?! Akala ko ba hindi mo kaya??? Have you moved on? Is that it?! Nakalimutan mo na kaya ok na, kaya mo na? Sumagot ka, dammit!"

She stood up and ran to their bedroom, but was unable to lock him out, he was too fast in following her. He entered the bedroom and pulled her arms, trying to pacify her.

"Dei! Please listen to me.......Wala na akong malapitan. Makukulong ako pag hindi ko binayaran yun. Please try to understand."

"Fuck you RJ! I tried to help you. I offered to talk to my dad, to use the land title as collateral. Mas tinanggap mo tulong ng ibang tao kaysa sa tulong ko. What the hell kind of logic is that? Paliwanag mo sakin sige makikinig ako.....Tangina, paintindi mo sakin."

"Will you fucking listen to me first before judging me??? His hands tightened on her arms, stilling her from moving. "God....Dei, you think this was an easy decision? Ilang buwan ko binuno sa isip ko 'to. I couldn't eat or sleep, I alternately prayed and cursed for a solution."