Chapter 47 - Fair Warning

Photo Cedit  : http://aldubfiles.blogspot.com/2016/05/must-watch-off-cam-romantic-dine-of.html

Hi there, hehe sorry for reneging on my promise, I watched ATA last night.  But here's the chapter to end the suspense on who the mystery texter was. The plot thickens, as you will see loose ends suddenly tying up together.

Hope you like this chapter, made this and the last chapter still suffering from a bad case of heartburn :(  Anyway, enjoy the weeked beshies, the weather is great and Alden is coming home na, yay!!!

Dei entered the gym with trepidation, but she felt she was on relatively safe ground. The gym had CCTV cameras all over although she was not sure if the cameras covered even the locker rooms in deference to the women dressing up inside. Besides, even without the cameras, the locker rooms were always filled with people coming in and out, so whoever was meeting her couldn't do anything life-threatening.

She entered the locker room, her heart beating hard against her chest. She made a show of preparing her things inside the locker, arranging her clothes on a hanger. A cold hand settled on her shoulder, startling her.

"Dei.....remember me?"

She faced the owner of the hand and was surprised. It was Trina, Charlie's ex-girlfriend, although she looked so different now. The Trina she knew used to be timid and conservatively dressed. The Trina in front of her now was like a hardened more edgy version; shorter hair, her lean body the product of months of weight training. It was like she was looking at a stranger.

"Trina? How did you get my number?"

"I called your office. You should fire your receptionist, she's too easy to get information from. Look I can't stay long. This is the only place safe for us to talk because Daniel cannot come in here."

"How do I know I can trust you Trina? You left your boyfriend for Daniel, and it looks like you're still with him."

"Dei....I needed money for my sick mother and Daniel overheard me and Charlie talking about it. He offered to help me but I had to pay a price."

Dei was silent. She understood well now the kind of desperation that came with money probems. She felt sorry for Trina but she still hesitated to trust her.

"Ok, you said I needed to know something. What is it."

"Dei.....Daniel wants to sabotage Richard's project. He wants to ruin Richard's good reputation, he hates how Richard was able to bounce back from what happened with their business while he's now close to bankrupt."

"Sabotage....how?"

"Tell Richard to watch out for the steel and aluminum frames being delivered to the site. Dei, the supplies will be mixed with substandard bars that aren't sturdy enough to hold the glass. It could let the glass collapse and cause an accident at the site."

"How do you know all this?"

"I was the one who contacted Sheila on Daniel's behalf. Daniel now works with a supplier from China and found out about Richard's project from his magazine cover. He told me about his plan. Please work fast, cancel the order. If it's too late, check the deliveries."

"What's in it for you?"

"Nothing. Richard has been good to Charlie and Me, I feel guilty for what happened to him and I never was able to help. Please, tell him this. I don't know if the sale pushed through. He and Sheila should talk about this. Have his Quality Assurance Engineer examine the delivery."