Chapter 28 - Imagine You and Me

Photo Credit: Talk 'n Text Unli Text Promo

Hello my loves, how are you all doing? Hugs to everyone for surviving the last chapter. Believe me, it was so difficult to write because I had to stop several times to cry.  

But let's jump nearer to the present and not dwell t much on what happened right after Richard left. I am happy to say that both of them are slowly recovering while still feeling the love for each other. It's possible, it's been done before.

Please read on and get the heavy weight off your chest, set aside the angst for now. Love you all, and I hope you will like this olive branch for making you cry yesterday. Mea Culpa, beshies :)

April 24, 2016

Richard was walking towards the NAIA 3 Terminal when a familiar voice called his name. His in-laws were here to send him off, and it touched him that they took the trouble to come all the way here. Marian hugged him while Teddy was rubbing his back to comfort him.

On the remaining five days he had before leaving, he decided to come clean and tell the whole truth to his in-laws. He was leaving Dei for a year, he felt he needed to explain his absence. He paid them a visit while Dei was in the office, telling them of his new job and the conditions he had to adhere to. Thankfully they did not judge him and appreciated his honesty.

"Ma, Pa, kayo na muna po ang bahala kay Dei. Kahit po sana sa inyo na muna siya umuwi, she needs to be with you kasi hindi po maganda paghiwalay namin."

"Huwag ka mag-alala Richard, maiintindihan din niya yan balang araw," Teddy said. "Magpasalamat na rin tayo na may stable income ka pa rin habang nababayaran mo yung utang mo."

"Pa, galit po sigurado siya sa akin. Ayaw niyang tumuloy ako."

"Hindi mo siya masisisi, Richard," Marian said gently. "Mahal ka niya eh, of course she wants you to stay. Just keep in touch, and take care of yourself there."

"Richard, you have to take better care of your health," Teddy advised. " Naranasan ko na malayo sa pamilya para magtrabaho. Matindi ang lungkot, mahirap ang trabaho. You need to be strong, kayanin mo para sa anak ko.'

July 13, 2016

Dei took a leave from work today to catch the first day of showing of "Imagine You and Me," Aldub's first solo movie. Her heart felt light and excited for the movie, looking forward to a little pampering for herself on this day.

"Thirdy, watch tayo movie ha," She said to her tummy, gently caressing the small bump that was starting to show. It was funny how she assumed her baby was going to be a boy, for no apparent reason, she just knew.

On the day Richard left, her parents found her home, crying her heart out, and noticed she had blood spots on her robe. They rushed her to the hospital, where they learned she was an estimated seven weeks pregnant, and that she needed bedrest to avoid another spotting incident. Counting the weeks to trace the baby's conception, she guessed it was during her birthday celebration in Boracay, that got her finally pregnant.

Since then, she went back to home-based working, holding office in Pat's condo while she was away in Italy covering the shoot for the movie. Pat brushed off any attempts for her to move out, claiming she was welcome to stay until she gave birth.

Richard attempted to call her so many times, but she refused to talk to him. She was hurt that he chose to leave, hurt that she tried to manipulate him into staying, using sex to bait him but failed. It was naïve of her to assume he would stay for the sex, she realized that later. But things were different now, she had reason to be optimistic, a new life was growing within her. Again.