Chapter 38 - Hearts Fluttering

To the loves of my life, because we're now #3 and also because you want fluff, ok I'll give it to you. To some, this chapter may seem to be a filler, but it isn't. This chapter shows the shift in the relationship of Dei and Richard, that Dei is finally letting her guard down a little, and is beginning to understand better what Richard went through when he was away.

If you will notice, Dei was kind of immature before. But slowly, she's beginning to think more outside herself, she can appreciate Richard's hardships already. I hope you will appreciate the fluff in this chapter, but more than that, there's humor that balances a relationship too, and you will see that here.

Thank you for staying on to read up to this point. Hoping I can keep you interested for more. Love you all :)

Dei was awake at the crack of dawn, cooking up a storm. It was a Saturday and Richard called her up mid-week to ask if she would like to take Thirdy on a picnic with him in Nuvali. She was excited to do so, she was sure Thirdy would enjoy this outing. It would be great to spread a mat on the grass and let Thirdy crawl and explore, or take pictures of him outdoors with his daddy.

Daddy. Thirdy had a wonderful father, who was also a wonderful man, but not quite the perfect husband. But who wanted a perfect husband? She loved him anyway despite whatever faults he had, whatever passed between them. It would take time to mend their relationship, to build the trust again, but she knew they would eventually get there. They were both trying to move on, but the love they shared never wavered, even when they were apart. And outings like this as a family were good start to build good memories from.

She prepared tuna mushroom pesto on penne pasta, with pine nuts and parmesan cheese. There was chunky chicken salad with ciabatta bread, and blueberry cheesecake cups for dessert. She was proud of preparing everything from scratch, wanting to do something special for him. She belatedly realized how difficult it must have been for him, not eating home-cooked meals for more than a year, and this was why she wanted to pamper him a little.

Her phone started ringing, interrupting her musings. It was Richard calling, and she wondered why he would call so early, when he should be on his way already to fetch them.

"Good morning..... Are you calling me while driving?"

"Good morning, babe. No, I'm not driving, unfortunately, di tayo tuloy for the picnic. I sprained my ankle while running this morning and I can't move it too much. Right ankle pa naman so I can't drive."

"Oh no.....are you ok?"

"I don't know yet, I can't even hop around on one foot, ang sakit kasi pag gumagalaw ako eh."

"You hang tight there, I'll come over."

"What? Naku wag na, I'll be ok...."

"Ayaw mong pumunta ako?" She asked, slightly hurt.

"Are you kidding me? Of course I want you to come over, pero baka hassle sayo eh."

"Let me be the judge of that. I'll get you some meds on the way, ok?"

"Babe..........bilisan mo," he said meaningfully.

"Harot.....sabi mo you can't move ha. If I get there and find out that you can move pala...."

"Ano? What will you do.......spank me?"

"I'll make you cry out for mercy."

"Ooohh......sounds kinky. Lika na, BILIS."

She put the phone down, laughing. Her parents caught her like this as they went to the kitchen to get breakfast.

"What's so funny Desirae?"