Chapter 13 - The Best Gift

Photo Credit : Grabbed from Eat Bulaga Facebook Page

Hi there dear readers. This long weekend is giving me a chance to provide updates everyday! I hope I can sustain it though, because I've also begun writing my entry for the AmaCon 3. Hope you find the time to read our entries by then :)

This is still a happy chapter, the proverbial calm before the storm. Just enjoy it my dears, please try to dispel any stress over the upcoming "sad" or upsetting chapters. Please don't take the fun out of reading a happy chapter, enjoy it, may it bring good vibes to you.

Would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or suggestion, let's keep the good vibes coming. Enjoy :)

11: 45 PM January 01, 2013

Dei checked the time, excited to give Richard her birthday gifts. She sent him out to buy her some icecream, on the pretext that she was craving for it right after they made love. Since there was a 7-11 outlet at the ground floor of their condo, he good-naturedly went down to buy her a pint.

Ever since he passed the Architectural Board Exam, she wanted to give Richard a Macbook, especially after finding out that with his passing the board, he was promoted to Project Manager status. She also wanted to give back something to him after all the generous gifts he had been giving her.

Her laptop, iphone and jewelry were all from him. He remembered all the monthsaries, even the very first day they met was celebrated. He was supportive of her career, despite her late nights working at Brand Solutions, the public relations firm she was working with.

So now was her chance to repay him for everything. She took her two gifts from the utility cabinet, both wrapped and ready to be given. She baked him his favorite Ferrero Walnut Cake, setting up everything in the bedroom by the night table.

It was 11:58 when Richard rang the doorbell to their condo. She opened the door and pulled him in, kissing him seductively with her hand on his butt, pulling him closer to her.

"My, my Mrs. Faulkerson, didn't we just finish a round? You want another one?"

His dimple endearingly deepened, making her breath catch. Even after almost a year of marriage, he still takes her breath away with just a smile. Married life had been good to them in the nine months they have been together.

Richard was doing well in his job. Zaragoza + Architects gave him the opportunity to manage a variety of projects despite his youth and tenure in the firm. Being with the company for barely a year, he already served as Project Manager for a small resort in Palawan, the headquarters of a top coffee shop chain, and the residence of a showbiz couple in Tagaytay.

The projects involved working weekends sometimes, but Dei didn't mind. She also had her share of busy workweeks at Brand Solutions. She was part of the Creative team, writing content for websites of various clients in the retail and entertainment industries. She was also assigned from time to time to cover certain events, write press releases to be distributed to news organizations and social media sites. It was a hectic job but Dei discovered she liked being on the go. She loved her job.

They were like a golden couple on the rise, both successful professionally yet so in love and eager to go home to each other at the end of each day. They rarely fight, and when they do they always manage to patch things up immediately, because they both secretly wanted to sleep close to each other without the hassle of staying apart due to an argument.

Dei cupped his face with her hands and rubbed her nose against his. He seemed to have forgotten it was already his birthday. He was looking at her with his one-track mind, thinking she wanted to have another all-nighter with him. Well, maybe later.