Chapter 25 - The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Photo Credit : http://www.starmometer.com/2015/11/28/aldub-realiserye-yaya-dub-breaks-up-with-alden-aldubstaystrong/ 

Happy weekend, my dears. We're slowly moving towards the present, the sad present, actually. I have to warn you that the next chapters (maybe around 3 or 4) will be sad and painful ones. I might risk losing readers but I have to stay true to the story and remain credible. I promise that as we go into the future when they meet again, it will get better.

Dark moments happen for a reason. If we survive it, then we are made stronger and better persons by that painful experience. But it's easier said than done. I know we all can relate to sometimes questioning God for what's happening to us. It's normal for as long as we know that we can't blame everything to God.

Read on, my loves. I hope I don't spoil your weekend. Just think na lang na the sadness will be only for four days max, after that, the chapters will be lighter and fluffier.

April 2016

Dei entered the den slowly, just in case Richard fell asleep. He rarely sleeps the same time she does for the past weeks now, always working late on his designs and pitches for projects. He already lost weight, his face shows the pallor resulting from staying up late and skipping meals in favor of work. 

He rarely talks to Dei, choosing only to listen when she talks to him, but never talking about himself or anything. Richard became a shadow of his former self, taking to heart badly, the betrayals of Tony and Daniel. He also stopped talking to Sam, who calls from time to time to see how he is doing. Richard was slowly becoming a recluse, choosing to go out only when meeting with clients.

"Babe? I made pork sinigang, diba favorite mo yun? I also have fried galunggong and Thai fish sauce para ganahan ka kumain."

"Thanks babe."

She approached him, taking his face in her hands. "RJ, have lunch with me. Please. I miss you so much. You're here everyday but it's like you're not."

He stood up and kissed her on the forehead, pulling her by the hand, he led her out of the den. She switched on the TV set to watch Eat Bulaga, hoping Richard would feel better if he watched the show. She prepared his plate, filling it with food, hoping he would eat heartily this time.

"Babe alam mo, gagawa ng movie ang Aldub. Sa Italy gagawin, next month ang shoot nila. Pinapasama nga ako ni Pat sa kanila eh, to document the trip."

"That's nice, you should go."

"I turned it down, babe. Di ko naman trip ang Italy eh." A pained look crossed his face.

"Did you turn it down because of me?"

"Babe, I want to go to Italy with you. I want us to see it together for the first time. I turned it down because I will miss you. One month yun, RJ. Di ko kaya."

"I don't want to hold you back from things you want to do, Dei. Besides, that's work."

"You want me to go? Di mo ko mami-miss?"

"I want you to be happy."

She dropped her spoon and fork, her patience snapping.

"RJ, sometimes you treat me like a child. You want me to be happy? Ok, for God's sake kumain ka ng marami. That will make me happy. Talk to me. Kahit joke time lang, kahit walang ka-kwenta-kwenta pagusapan natin, just please talk to me!"

"I'm sorry, Dei."

She knelt in front of him and took his hand, laying her cheek against his palm. "Babe, Aldub na lang nagpapasaya sakin. Ang pathetic diba? Kinikilig ako sa mga taong hindi ko kilala. Pag may LQ sila, I get all worked up, I sometimes cannot breathe because I want to see them sweet again. Alam mo kung bakit? Kasi kung ok sila, may pag-asang maging ok rin tayo. I pray for them, like I pray for us. I want them to work out, gusto ko magkatuluyan sila because if they do, my world will be right again. They represent my hope na we can survive this crisis."