Chapter 35 - Ray of Light

Photo Credit : @aldenrichards02 Instagram post

Hi my loves, hope you can make do with a kinda short update because I am cramming for AMACon3, haha! Imagine cramming for three additional stories on top of this one, it's mind-blowing!

But rest assured, this is still a good chapter, because that is my commitment to you all. I always make sure each chapter has a milestone or a turning point, to make you see that each chapter needs to be part of the story.

If you got scared with the last chapter, I hope this one sort of eases your fears (but yeah, you know how I love to mindfuck so maybe, maybe not). At any rate, I like to believe my main characters know what they want and will not easily get confused.

Hope you enjoy reading this and after tomorrow's update, we're already in the present timeline of the story. Exciting, right? Stay with me ok? More surprises soon :)

April 17, 2017

It was already 10:00 in the morning when Dei walked into the office. Alvin was there with his handler Sam, checking his schedules for the week. She walked past the conference room to get to her office, avoiding making eye contact with either of them, and hoping that neither saw her walk in. But Alvin was already following at her heels.

"Dei. You weren't at the gym today...."

"No, my baby is running a fever, that's also why I came late." She made a show of fixing the papers on her desk, refusing to look at him.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Should I be? I only work here."

"Dei, look at me. Say something." She looked at him, her face a far cry from her usual smiling persona. "You want me to say something? Ok....how 'bout what the hell were you thinking? You may be the hottest property in showbiz right now but fuck you, Alvin Foster, I don't consider it a privilege to be kissed by you."

She folded her arms across her chest and looked at him, daring him to answer. He motioned for her to sit down and sat in front of her.

"Dei, I had no intention of taking advantage of you, nor was I arrogant to assume I'm such a prize to women. You were crying, I wanted to comfort you then all of sudden it got really....I don't know, tense? I wasn't thinking. I'm really sorry, there's no excuse for what I did."

"You were going to kiss me."

"But you didn't move! I thought you were ok with it."

"I thought you were my husband! It was our fifth wedding anniversary and I wanted to see him. God, Alvin, you look alike. I was thinking of him when you walked in, it was dark and...fuck!. If I didn't push you then, we would have kissed and I don't know how I'll face Danica."

"Dei, I get it. I'm sorry."

"Fine, you're forgiven. Now will you please let me work?"

-----

Meanwhile, in Macao.......

"Sheila, how come you're back here alone? Nasaan si Mr. Enriquez?"

"Susunod na lang si Tito Caloy tomorrow, biglang nagka-emergency sa isang project niya."

"Are you ok to travel alone?"

"Sus, of course I am."

"Sure ha. Did you bring your drawings?"

"Yes I did." She took out her macbook and opened it, showing him her sketches of what the client wanted for his house.