13 | Nobody's Perfect

[ Y/N ]

The cold air pricked my exposed face, making my nose twitch before I slowly opened my frosted eyelids.

I was laying down in a small cave next to G who had his body curling around mine and his arms laying on my side. We were both wrapped in the red blanket Lavender had given us, and I had to admit the blanket was really warm and cozy. My breath swirled around through the still air like cigarette smoke, disappearing a few seconds later before more puffs came out through my cracked lips. My limbs felt cold and sore, moving just a muscle seeming like a great feat. I groaned and tried to roll over, only to result in becoming more exposed to the cold air.

Shivering from the cold, I pulled the blanket tighter around my body and scooted closer to G, noticing that our jackets had been zipped together and that I was wearing his white turtleneck. Had I been that close to death?

"G . . ." I whispered, my voice weak and croaky from lack of water. He let out a small groan and rolled over, causing my body to end up almost completely on top of his because of our zipped up jackets. "G," I said louder, moving my body back down so that we were both facing each other on the ground again. He let another groan before a small "Hm?" came from his non-existent throat. "A-Are we g-gonna get up?" I asked, hating the stutter from my chattering teeth.

He opened his left eye socket and looked down at me, his golden iris holding a small amount of amusement in it. "Don't know if you've noticed, Doll, but you're pretty much frozen." He grabbed my hand from underneath the blankets and pulled it up to show me my shockingly pale skin. "Oh," I mumbled, my lips starting to bleed from being so cracked. "We'll get a few more hours of sleep then leave when it gets warmer," G said, closing his eye socket and wrapping his arms around my frozen body.

I managed a small nod and laid my forehead against his shoulder, closing my eyes and allowing sleep to drag me back down.

• • •

"Time to get up," G whispered, stirring me awake from my deep sleep. I kept my eyes shut while letting out a tiny groan, trying to burrow deeper into the warm blanket. "C'mon, we need to get moving today," he urged, unzipping our jackets and sitting up. "B-But I f-feel dead," I protested. He sighed and stood up before wrapping the blanket back around me.

I opened my eyes a bit and watched him summon a long bone which he used to start chipping away the snow that had piled up outside and blocked the cave entrance. Ten minutes later and morning sunlight was streaming into the small cave, making me wince from the light and burrow back down into the blanket. "Okay, let's make a deal," G said, walking over and crouching in front of me.

I poked my head out of the blanket and raised an eyebrow up at him. "Okay, w-what's the d-deal?" He reached over and slid his arms underneath me, picking up my body before turning around where he rested me on his back like he was giving me a piggy-back-ride. "If I carry you, you have to make me spaghetti." I wrapped my arms around his shoulders with the blanket still around me, the ends trailing behind me like a cape. "And how d-do you expect m-m-me to do th-that?" I asked, raising my legs a bit to allow G hold underneath them for leverage. "Lavender gave us some of that Add-Water food, right?" I nodded. "Well there ya' go."

I let out a breath and leaned against G's back, resting my head against his neck bone that I had forgotten the proper name of. I never really was that good at human and skeleton anatomy. It always made my brain hurt. G walked out of the cave and into the fresh snow, his snow boots perfect for the weather.

"Hey, G," I piped up, interrupting the silence that seemed to smother the entire snowy forest. "Yeah, Doll?" I pursed my lips and looked to my left, seeing bare trees covered in cold sheets of snow. "How f-far is the m-mountain range?" He thought for a bit before opening his mouth to answer. "'Bout eleven miles, it's not too far." I nodded and rested my head back down on his neck, watching my breath curl around through the air before disappearing.