15 | Mountains are Evil

[ Y/N ]

I kicked my feet back and forth while sitting on the edge of the cliff by the cave watching the sunrise. It was a bit cloudy, but in my opinion, it just made the whole view even more beautiful.

Streaks of sunlight broke through the puffy clouds while lighting them up from the inside with radiant reds, yellows, and oranges from the whole color spectrum while the purples and blues that were leftover from the night sky faded away. Pink dusted the edges of the colors making the whole scene look soft and fluffy, the sun halfway up the horizon to add a glorious effect.

I smiled at the scene and brushed a strand of loose hair behind my hair, making a mental note to find some sort of rope or vine to use as a hair tie. The sun was starting to rise higher into the sky, so I stood up and walked back into the cave where I found a sleeping skeleton curled up on the ground next to the fire that had been out hours ago. I was disappointed when I found that he wasn't sucking his thumb, which would've made a great topic to bring up when we continued our journey in an hour. Shame.

"G, wake up," I whisper-yelled, crouching down and shaking his shoulder. He groaned and rolled away from me before curling back up again. I let out a huff and moved over to him, leaning over his body so that I could look straight into his face. "If you don't get up, I'll cover you in the fire's ashes."

That sent him bolting straight up with a panicked look on his face.

"No, no, no ashes," he mumbled, glancing over at the fire's ashes before shuddering. A concerned look washed over my face and I grabbed his hand to make him turn to me. "Sorry, I forgot that when monsters—I'm really sorry." G shook his skull a few times before running a hand down his face and standing up. "Well, just try not to bring it up again, okay?" I nodded and stood up next to him, feeling awkward for doing something that I didn't know was wrong.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm not mad at ya' or anything," G said, ruffling my hair before walking towards the ledge, leaving me glaring at him while I tried to fix my hair. Why does he do that?

I jogged after him and stood at the edge of the ledge looking out over the mountains and quickly melting snow, a bit disappointed when I saw that the sun had fully risen above the horizon. G turned to look at me just as I turned to look at him, and I let out a small snort when I saw a bit of drool on his chin.

He noticed and quickly looked away and not-so-subtly wiped his chin, making a fit of giggles escape my lips. "Oh shut up," he growled, hunching his shoulders and sending me a death glare. I snickered at his expression and shook my head. "Ya' know, you're pretty grumpy about everything." He let out a snort and stood up tall, staring out across the landscape in what I assumed was meant to be an intimidating manner. "Whatever," he said, stuffing his hands into his jean pockets.

"So, more hiking?" I asked, starting to climb down the side of the mountain. "Yep, there's supposed to be a lodge somewhere in the north where all those rain clouds are," G responded, pointing towards where all the tall mountains were with rain clouds above them.

Well that's just swell.

I climbed down a few more rocks before looking up to see that G had started climbing down as well. "Welp," I said, hoisting myself down onto a rock. "Looks like this'll be another long day."

[ G ]

I let out a short breath as I hauled myself up onto a large rock, reaching behind me to help haul Y/N up before turning back around to repeat the same process. After a little while, Y/N stopped needing my help and hauled herself up onto the large rocks, starting to move faster than me so that she could be in front.