16 | Dorito Heaven

[ G ]

Pain.

That's the only word that came to my mind when I woke up to find that I was inside a building on a couch, afternoon sunlight streaming through the windows with bandaged ribs that hurt like hell. I bit my bottom lip to keep in my cries of pain as I slowly sat up and looked around the room I was in.

There wasn't a lot of furniture—a huge couch, two chairs, and a really small table—and there was a lot of dust bunnies coating the hardwood floors. There was also a rickety looking staircase that probably led to the second floor with dust particles floating through the air around it.

I looked to my side and my eye sockets instantly widened when I saw Y/N's unconscious body laying on the ground.

Her back looked minced and torn up with little bits of rocks sticking out through her tank top and jacket. Blood soaked her tank top making the dark fabric an even darker color. I gagged at the sight and dragged my body off of the couch where I fell to the floor next to her.

I groaned from the pain as I forced myself to sit up and reached for her jacket, being careful while taking it off so that I wouldn't hurt her. I tossed her jacket onto the couch before reaching over to start taking off her tank top. Technically, I'm not being a pervert, I told myself as I carefully stripped her bloody tank top off. Her back looked even worse now that there wasn't any clothing to hide it.

The skin on her lower back was torn up and bloody with small bits of rock stuck in the minced flesh. The upper part of her back looked okay, but there were still a lot of scrapes and cuts with dried blood covering the wounds. Bruises were starting to form near her shoulders and waist, and I winced when I saw the purple-blue marks coating her skin.

I leaned down a bit and lifted her head, sucking in a breath when I saw that her left eye had a bunch of cuts above it with dried blood plastered to her skin. My skull shot up in search for any medical supplies, my mouth parting to let out a breath when I saw rubbing alcohol and bandages laying in a chair next to the couch. I grabbed the rubbing alcohol and bandages before getting to work.

I had no idea how the human body worked and didn't want to risk doing something wrong and hurting her, so I ended up following every direction on the back of the bottle of rubbing alcohol while making sure Y/N was still alive. I ended up carefully cleaning each wound with the rubbing alcohol before pulling out the small rocks in her lower back and throwing them off to the side. I couldn't find any cloth clean enough to wipe away the blood, so I simply settled for just wrapping the bandages around her torso and waist so that her wounds would heal.

After I managed to get everything sorted out, I carefully placed Y/N on the couch and adjusted her body so that she wasn't laying on her back. I let out a breath and sat down on one of the couch cushions by her head, staring at the wound I had fixed up above her left eye. After glancing over her facial features, I reached over and rubbed her bandaged forehead, wondering what had happened after I had passed out to make her get hurt like this.

I leaned forward and pressed my boney lips against the bandage on her forehead, brushing her hair back a bit so that my thumb could rub against her skin. "Take care of yourself first before fretting about me," I whispered against her skin before pulling away and looking at her slack face.

I sighed and pulled my hand away to fiddle with the holes in my palms, my gaze traveling over to where I spotted my bloody turtleneck laying on the ground next to a chair. I liked that turtleneck.