Chapter 1

Updated! :)

Rose's pov

Why me? Out of everyone in this space, it was me. "Rose?" Yes. That's my name, Rose.

Everyone--well, almost everyone adored me due to my loving soul. However, there are those who don't.

"Do you know the question?" My maths teacher asks from the front of the classroom, as he gazes at me.

His glasses rimming the his tired eyes, dark smooth skin on his head glistening with beads of sweat from the hot temperature.

"Sure sir, but I want to pass please" I reply in a kind and hopeful tone. I'm not in the mood to answer questions.

"Fine, Miss Rose" I sighed in relief, to be honest I wasn't in the mood for school. Something just felt off...

As soon as I entered the spacious cream coated room, bombarded with desks and chairs in neat rows, something just felt off.

I sit at the back, since it's quite calming. Staring at the crack in the wall across the classroom seemed to catch my attention. Until my gaze drifted to my schedule of lessons.

-Math,
-Science,
-Break,
-Art,
-Animal Study,
-Lunch,
-Physical Education,

After all that, I can then go home.

Right now I'm at the near end of Animal Study. I do love all my lessons, but it's just an off day, you will probably guess at lunchtime.

Slowly I pack up my book inside my, what seems to be bottomless, black rebock bag.

I'm not like most girls; I like to keep my hair it's natural colour, which is black, while some like to dye their hair. Which is totally fine with me, I think it looks nice how they do it, one day, I might try and experiment with the colours.

My eyes are a deep Grey and blue mix. My lips are a shiny rose pink, and I never wear makeup.

I will admit, I find it interesting how the girls do their makeup styles, it makes them look really pretty.

With me, I never understood how to use makeup and the proper dress sense of girls my age, because I'm a complete tomboy. But one day, I'll give it all a shot.

Sighing, the bell screams at us, signaling it's time for lunch. I don't go to the canteen. Nothing goes right in there, plus I have my own spot.

I walk along, down the lonely corridors and onto the playground as we call it. It consisted of concrete, and benches now and then, accompanied by some trash cans.

I keep going until my eye catches a glimpse of what I didn't want to see. Quickly before I was seen, I ducked behind a crowd of students, and slithered off in a different direction.

I smile knowing I passed, turning my glance, around there was a good distraction. But I couldn't see much.

Turning around, I carry on with my mini quest. I round the corner only to bump into something, looking up I'm met with a misty blue pair of eyes.

Gulping, I turn and run. I knew it! Why can't he leave me alone, I haven't done anything! Soon I was tackled to the floor. Some students gathered, watching.

If you're wondering what's going on; it's Jase. He takes joy in bullying me whenever he has a chance, whether that's at school or not.

Jace is the popular boy at school, he thinks he is the king of the show. The girls fall to his feet, wanting to be at his side to gain a better status.

He has dull blue eyes and a flat mop of pale blonde hair. He has a squared face and slim body with faint muscle which the girls find hot.

His pride and joy was and is to torture me whenever he gets the chance. This has been going on for three years, and frankly, no matter what I have done, he always makes me suffer. So I avoid him as much as possible.

"You thought I didn't see you?" he laughs down at me, humorlessly as I stand up.

"Hoping" I retort back accidentally. Why can't I think before I speak?

He frowned at my words and stalked towards me. I felt trapped. As he peeled his hand back and swung down to my stomach, instinct kicked in.

Moving just in time, I dodged. Then I punched him in the face, cutting his lip in the process.

'Oo's and ahh's was echoing around me and I wanted to leave before I got hurt.

He got up and gripped me by the shirt, he marched up to a random kid, grabbing his pasta, "Jase, don't" but he ignored me, and he dripped it all over my head. I just froze.

Then he grabbed another drink and said "time to wash it down" then I felt the ice compact of the slushy, splat on my head.
As it melted, the droplets trickled down my face like rain on a window.

It was strawberry. Hmm. I slap his hand away and run off to anywhere, looking for an escape rout of mine, I jump the fence and run...

"Wait...Miss" stopping, I rub my eyes and turn around, shaking off what's left of the drink on my head.

"Leave me alone, I don't want any trouble" I whisper as I take in a breath, the smell of strawberry wafted up my nose. It was so strong, that I could almost taste it.

"Are you OK? I heard the commotion, so I went to check it out. When I got there you ran off. I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner"

What's with this guy? Who is he? Why is he apologizing? Most of all to me. "It's OK Mr, don't worry and it's not your fault, thanks for checking on me" he smiled and handed me a few soft tissues from his jean pockets.

"Here, it shall get some of that off you" he replies as I take them with a smile.

"Thank you" I say as he helps me wipe most of it off while I do the rest.

We stood there as I cleaned myself up, with his help. I finished and binned the pink stained tissues in a bin that was conveniently next to us.

Looking back to the stranger I could see he had coco eyes, strong features that was slightly curved in some places such as his chin.

His hair flopped in equal splits to both sides, it was so brown...it looked soft to. I could tell he worked out due to the muscle on his bare arms.

"My name's Rose" I blurt out unexpectedly, he look down at me, making me slightly worried, until a smile broke onto his face.

"That's a nice name Rose, and the name's Rick" I smile up at him, making sure we shook hands.

"Thanks, and you too" he nods and I smile again.

"I better be heading home, thanks Rick for the help" I honestly speak out, I couldn't believe he took his time to stay and help.

"No problem, see you tomorrow besty" he hugged me and walked off and I smiled and did the same.

All the way home, a huge smile was plastered on my face....