Chapter 2

Updated! :)

Rick's pov

I left Rose, and started started to stroll off to my humble home. I knew she was lonely. Well, I only met her today, and she seemed lonely. Any way, now she has me...

Finally, reaching the mansion like structure. Gazing upon the hard bricks, and many windows to see all secured, just how I left it.

Sighing I reach for the door handle and open it wide, like a mouth and I was the food.

Shutting the wooden rectangle shape, I drop off my things in my chambers; or as people say: bedroom.

I jog downstairs and sit in the lounge and slowly relax.

So quiet, at least-

"Helllllo, how was school?" Ugh, why is he even bothering? He doesn't care. He hates school and despises nearly everything normal!

"I know you just want to annoy me, so just go and do what you have to do" I say standing up.

Usually I'm the bouncy type, but when it's me and my brother I need to hold back, cause the old timer can't keep up.

"For your information, little brother, I can keep up, you just drive me up the wall-" he bickers, but I decide to cut him off.

"You're a year older, you 19 year old skeleton, and two, you shouldn't of said that" I retort in a bitchy tone, just to annoy him some more.

A scowl lit across his features and replaced with a smirk. "While you was straining what's left of your brain at school, I was out having my fun" he remarks back at me.

"You should stop this, soon it could end bad, or even effect people more than it already does" I reason, but what is the point? He never listens.

"Who cares" he yawns, stretching his arms behind his head.

"I do! It's wrong" I shout at him.
What he said next, was completely off topic. Probably something he did during the day.

"A squirrel walked past me today" he sighs aloud. What?!

"So?" I ask not catching on to what he's going on about.

"So?! I said my name was Jack, now I'm going to regret that for the rest of my life" he laughs and wonders around the room, shaking his head.

Rolling my eyes, he walks closer sniffing the air "What's that smell?" He questions, acting all defensive.

"I don't smell anything" he does it again and his eyes zero in on me.

He rushes at me and does it again, "What have you been doing?" He growls in my face.

"That might be strawberry, I was helping a damsel out" he seemed disturbed and growled at me, slightly fazing me, but not much.

"I'm going out" he growls with a smirk, I know full well what he is going to be doing.

"No" I state, making him spin and look me dead in the eyes.

"Who's gonna stop me brother?" He laughs, knowing that I couldn't.

"Someone will" he laughed, maniacally and disappeared.

I just wish things would change with him, he's like an evil predator, in search of a meal, only when he finds it, he can't stop.

If he only had a heart, he would change, but what will happen when he finds it?...

Rose's pov

I strip out of the blue shirt and leggings I was wearing and dump them in the wash. I groan, and walking into the walking closet, grabbing a night gown, which was a Grey material that was like a dress that you sleep in.

Leaping onto my ever so comfy bed, I snuggle under the quilt, wrapping it around me like a cocoon. My face sunk into the plush pillows and I felt myself drifting off into a heavy slumber...

Jace's pov

"Yo dude, what's up?" I looked to my group of friends with a stiff nod.

I reply with a simple "can't complain, yourselves?" They look up and grin "Eh same old" we all did our manly handshakes and talked about the old stuff.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the one and only girl with the wavey locks that seemed darker than black itself, in the school. Its natural too.

The girl happened to be Rose. Time for some action.

Watching from the corner of my eye, she was gone due to a crowd of students. Waiting for her back to turn, I slipped from the group and cut her off by the corner.

Rolling out my limbs and stretch, I stand in wait.

Shortly after, I hear the patter of light feet hitting the floor. Standing more out, she bumped right into me. Looking up, she knew it was me.

Instantly she ran for it, I ran after her and tackled her to the floor, I was standing slightly, as she got up making me straighten.

"Thought I didn't see you?" I ask smugly until she said " more like hoping" faintly.

Frowning I pull my hand back, aiming for my target. As I released fire to send a blow, she moved out the way, which actually surprised me.

In my dazed state she punched me right in the face. When the numbness and pain disappeared, I could feel a wet substance slip from my lip...blood.

That's it. I grab her by the shirt, march over to a random kid and snatch his pasta.

Obviously Rose begged me to stop, but I carried on and dumped it on her. Storming over to another kid, I grab their strawberry slushy.

"Better wash it down" then the drink was on top of her as well. I was laughing as I watched her features turn, shaded with sadness.

Letting go after she slapped my hand--which stung, but I covered it up as I watched her run off.

I walk off only to bump shoulders with another boy, when I went to say something, I couldn't find anyone that was close enough. Shrugging it off I storm to my next class.....