Chapter 27

Updated! :)

Rose's pov

Shooting awake, I see I'm on a bed in my room, laying next to a sleeping Ricky.

Jumping up, I wrap my arms around him burying my face into his neck. He wraps his arms around me and sits up.

"Rose, are you OK?" He asks, worry lacing his tone.

"Forget that, are you OK? You were unconscious, and I didn't know what to do..." I sob into his chest.

He stroked my hair and said "I'm fine, what happened to you?"

I pull away and sit opposite him and say. "I ran into the bathroom, scratched him with a razor, then I ran to you, tried to wake you up." I look down then back up to him amd he nods.

"Then he trapped me on the floor, and I need to get away, so I had to make out that I was scared, he bit me and let go, I passed out and I'm here"

He shakes his head and looks like he's thinking. "What is it?" He looks at me and says "I know what he's done"

"Which is?" I ask confused.

"He's switched off his humanity" I looked at him confused and he carried on.

"When you first met him....that was just him...if you switch off your humanity you don't care or feel anything, it's hard to get them to turn it on, by getting them to feel something and then make them get the emotion out" I nod at him in understanding...

"Before he bit me...when he thought I was scared, his eyes showed a hint of sorry and sadness... I think I slightly triggered him to almost feel"

"That's good, but he is a hard one, we need to do it all at once" I nod and say "do you have a plan?"

"Yes, but I can't tell you, cause he could read your mind like a book, if not careful but I can only shield a small part, so I'm gonna tell you this"

"What?"

"If you digest some vampires blood and die...you simply wake up, still human to, the only way to turn is by your mate" I was shocked and gasped at him, he nods and I smile.

"OK, shield away" I say at ease. Well more ease than before.

"Done"

"Usain bolt" he laughed and we sat there.

"I'll make you a hot chocolate...but something's going to happen, and needs to be convincing, all I can say" I was confused and shrugged it off.

He wondered down to the kitchen shutting my room door behind him. I sigh and change into a vest and shorts. I sit on the bed thinking about what would happen, and if this would work, I hope it does.

Shortly after the door opens and Rick hands me a cup of hot chocolate and smiles. Drinking it happily, I finish the cup and was about to get up but he stopped me.

Taking the cup from my grasp, he leaves and I say thanks and then he returns.

"Get some rest, you look tired I'll come back soon, I have things to take care of" he gives a small smile. "OK?"

"Bye" then he was gone.

What's wrong with Rick? He seems distant, sad...but with this going on, I can understand why. Shrugging it off, I lay back down getting some sleep...

Rick's pov

I left her house, walking around the streets, thinking about whether she will be OK?, will Damian come back?...

I just hope that this idea works if not, then he is never coming back....

Roughly a few hours later, turning into the evening around 7pm, I start to return to Roses house. This is gonna be painful...