Chapter 23 - fury

please forgive all the mistake, Avalon is a book that I just write and post without checking it... this chapter is probably full of mistakes because I've been studying and my mind is almost gone lol... hope you enjoy it (PS this chapter was inspired by my father in law who did what Avalon did lol - hes a crazy heheh ;) )

"This's turned crap let's go back home," I scowl at the now choppy waves behind us.

"Bloody wind," Sam grunts as he lies down on his board and we start to paddle in. The water is all murky now from the change of wind and this beach is notorious for sharks normally they don't worry you but I don't like it when the water is murky. They can make lethal mistakes. It's in a National Park and quite a fair distance away from any medical help as many people have found out the hard way. I'm glad to be getting out.

"I'm kind of surprised we didn't see Reed today," Sam narrows his eyes as he scans the car park.

 I step out of the shower and let Sam under while I dry off my board. I glance around uneasily too. I always get anxious before a comp because Noah is a fighting machine; I swear his life ambition is to bring me down. It's weird because we used to be good friends, he'd come over and we'd play and surf together when he was young, his mum used to go to see my mum about whatever.

There are stories about what turned him bad, I asked Mum once what really happened, and boy did she go off about minding my own business – actually it was overkill. But let's say the rumors vary from his Dad found out that his Mum had cheated and killed her now he's in prison, one that he killed her and killed himself, others says they just had enough of the kids and ran off. Whatever happened, Noah is in possession of some serious psycho genes that's for sure.

"Thank god, I'm gonna have to see enough of him tomorrow," I stare off at some girls that are coming in from the beach. Amanda didn't follow us down here today so no ones scaring off the chicks.

One of them smiles at me and elbows her friend. They giggle. Easy.

"They don't have any ankles. I wonder what it'd take for Reed to ever crack smile?" Sam wraps the towel around his waist and pulls off his boardies ignoring the girls. Now he's pointed it out, I can't get over it either and turn my back on them.

 He always does this points out flaws.

"Or utter a word again," Noah hasn't smiled for years and he hasn't talked either, no matter what happens, even if he wins a comp, he holds the trophy up with a straight face and just walks off. Even girls can't get him talk and I've heard they try to in all sorts of different ways. He's like a magnet for chicks that want to be the one that gets him to say something. Cheap gimmick if you ask me. Whatever happened, even if the one story where it goes that he was the one that found his parents dead was true, you would think he'd be over it by now. It's been eight years.

"Yeah he's really F'ed up in the head," Sam picks up his board and waits for me to open the back door.

"Yeah an F'ed up arsehole," I unlock it and we slide our boards into their bags and lay them carefully in the back.

"I gotta admit he's one mean mofo," Sam grunts with grudging respect.

We hear a car pull up behind us. I turn around and smile.

 "Deano," I say going over to shake his head through the window. "What's up?"

"Just came from down the Pines, Reed just messed up Burnsey from down there and knocked his mate Gibbo out cold."

Sam let's out a harsh breath, "what for?"

Deano throws his hands up, "for droppin' in on him I guess. Fricken crazy c. Anyway surf's crap here too, I'll see you blokes back home."