Chapter 26 - cross roads

A/N - bit of a shortie but the next bit is quite long so I thought I would break it up :D... Av's POV is the next chapter. Again not edited.

"Geez he's been into early hasn't he?" Sam gestures up the beach to where Reed is strolling down the sand bank, dried blood running from his neck down to his chest.

"Shit! I wonder who got that in." I breathe out in awe. Noah is one hell of a fighter and someone would have to be extremely lucky or take him by surprise to get an actual cut in. In fact while we are pretty neck to neck with surfing he just goes from strength to strength in fighting. I used to be able to match... I would hate my chances now.

"I dunno but I want to shake his hand," Sam goes back to rubbing his board, even he doesn't like to get caught eyeing Noah. It hasn't ended in Sam's favor the last few times now either. Noah metalness has gone from bad to worse.

Out of the corner of my eye I watch him head toward the sign in tent, the official points over to somewhere, the first aid tent and Noah heads off over there without a complaint. He hasn't even looked around to find me. Very odd, normally he'll be right up in my face psyching me out. Some of his crew amble over to the tent, beats me why they hang out with him, he doesn't talk for crying out loud.

"Is the little spitfire comin' today?" Sam asks scanning the area in front on my house.

"I saw her horse in the back yard earlier, I don't know where she is now," I shrug, playing off the fact I've been checking out that area myself every few seconds. I wish I wouldn't I don't know what's wrong with me. I guess it's just the bet, don't want anyone else moving' in now.

"Well not for you to worry anyway, your fav girlfriend has just turned up," Sam says teasingly.

Amanda is tottering down the sand in a gold bikini, straightened hair and a load of makeup caked on her face.

"Flamin' hell! Will she never get it?" I feel like throwing something. Preferably Amanda into something hard or with teeth.

"Hey sexy," A voice purrs from behind me as a hand runs its fingers softly over my back, trailing a finger down to my board shorts. Sam curls his lip back and walks off. Arms wrap around my waist and Angel peers around my shoulder with a seductive smile.

am doesn't like Angel at all he thinks she's a gold digging skank. To be honest Sam doesn't like many girls, most of them have something wrong with their looks or their personality to him.

But the upside of Angel is she is a bit of a force to reckon with, she'd take on Amanda. I send her an inviting smile and lean down to kiss her openly. She responds immediately.

"That's a better welcome than the other day," she purrs her eyes narrowing as she looks around. Probably searching for Avalon.

"Do you want something stripper?" Angel has obviously noticed Amanda. I chuckle lowly and that apparently sends Amanda over the edge. Her face burns bright red and her hands shake, she looks at Angel like she's a disease. I think its more of a girl seeing a girl that's better looking than her kind of thing. She knows she's not going to win.

"You are a real piece of work Seth, at least I've only been with you not the whole suburb. Have a nice STD together," she seethes between her teeth and turns on her heel storming up the sand bank, her sequined bikini glinting happily in the sun. Angel cracks up.

"I hate jealous girls," she winks at me before pulling me into a kiss.

**

"Bloody hell, I'm not sure if this is his new way of psyching me out but hell its working," I grumble to Sam as we paddle around in the warm up.