Chapter 47 - Betrayal

(This photo of  friends 9 yr old Daughter  Cody reminds of of Avalon and Amber when they were that age although will change Avalons age when she got Amber in the book ) 

Dedicated to dualcommand for the gorg drawing!

Amber feels the craziness swelling in body like a tidal wave and she reacts by really letting loose with some pig roots and head tossing strikes as we gallop down the grassy strip on the side of the road like a couple of feral lunatics. I can't help the silly grin that is plastered on my face and when I glimpse peoples faces in the odd car that drives by they look startled, cracking me up even more.

All I can say that if the people at the hostel get even a tiny sliver of the excitement and wild high I've got from me painting their game room then it would be worth going to jail for because I would never withhold this feeling from anyone.

I feel so alive and crazy I stand up on Amber's back as she careens over the brittle and dry grass and just yell with my hand held either side of me and the wind whipping the hair from my face. Sometimes when I read in the paddock on Frank's back I get this overwhelming feeling at the end of a chapter that makes me stand and do a silly dance on his back, personally I think he likes it but he acts like he doesn't by giving this weird groan like he's some sort of resigned parent sorta almost an exact copy of Dad's groan. I think it must feel like those massages Asian girls always give on movies with the side of their hands people always seem to groan during them.

I'm literally going to ride right up to Noah jump off Amber and hug him like a hug-mad orangutan. Sliding back down to the more traditional riding position I frown. He would be at work wouldn't he? Not that it matters I will still ride in and attack him but I had better check.

Grabbing my phone out of my pocket I scroll through my contacts, flicking an occasional glance up to make sure we are heading in the right direction, I find Jarrod's number and dial it. There's no point ringing Noah, I would probably fall off Amber if he answered.

"Hey," he answers. "Whatsup?" His voice is a bit funny.

I laugh thinking of what maybe the main reason for that.

"Hey Jaz, I should let you know that we weren't allowed phones on the camp and I got off the bus early so D may not be home just yet. I'm sure she will call you the second she can."

"I wasn't worried about that," he answers sounding happier than he did before. "Please."

"Sure," I laugh. "Anyways do you know where chatterbox is?"

"Right here," he says dropping his voice down three octaves which makes its hard to hear because Amber isn't exactly delicate burling over the ground.

"Are you at his work?" I check using my seat to get Amber to turn up a road.

"No at our club house," Jarrod replies giving me the directions and address before asking if D had any trouble at camp.

"Apart from some skank stealing her clothes while we were skinny dipping but then it had an alright end result I guess though, she got asked out by all these guys... but yeah no trouble really." I hang up giggling as I cut off his expletives as Pop calls them when Nathan goes off like a firecracker about something.

People aren't obviously used to seeing a horse cantering up these parts and they stop and stare at me so as I'm in a ridiculously good mood I give them a wave and yell out "buy Aussie beef!" just to freak them out. But really they should, Dad says that we shouldn't have to campaign to get our own country to buy our meat, it's one of those things you never want to bring up because he goes on and on and ooooooooooon about it. Even Pop steers clear of that one.