Chapter 33 - Dreams

(This one is a foundation chapter as well for stuff that will go on further down the track - so sorry its not to exciting but I need it in here to make it work) and also a huge thank you #34 on teen fiction yo guys rock I never thought I would ever get even ranked so again thank you!!!

Riding in the dark doesn't worry me or Amber luckily, cause after I helped Marie clean up and hung out with D and Jarrod while they worked on the website it was darkish when I left.

I reckon Jarrod will be there for a while longer, those tow were giggling about stuff I didn't get every three seconds.

Working early in life on a station such as ours teaches you many things, one being that you know what if people have bad day, let them have it otherwise it kind of gets worse. They don't get over whatever it is as easy as they would if you just let 'em work it out. If they want to talk they just come and talk. 

Mum used to hound Dad all the time, what's wrong? Why are you quiet? If she bloody worked out on the farm with us she would know. I yelled at her once, we hadn't got much rain in the wet season and its was the third year in a row and Dad had calculated the grass budget for the dry season and it wasn't good, we had to move a lot of cattle and at that time cattle prices weren't great, so moving like five thousand head of cattle isn't an easy feat when every other station is doing the same. Mum didn't have a clue because she didn't try to understand the scope of what happens. At home if you don't understand something damn well ask and try to understand it or shut up with your two bob still in your mouth. 

So in regards to Noah, I'm just gonna let his freak out ride... I won't think about it too much because I won't act normal around him if I ever see him again and there's nothing worse than having someone walking on egg shells around you. And I do, I want to see him again.

That stuff sends Nathan right off because it means that, that person doesn't really understand him, doesn't really know him. And Nathan can see right through anyone that is wary of him.

Sometimes there's been people that we've met at shows and stuff and Nathan gets on with them but then they kind of, Ugh I don't know how to explain it. Something happens, mostly likely someone may have whispered in their ear about Nathan or whatever and then they change... only subtly but still subtle in that regard is huge to Nathan. Anyway when that happens it hurts Nat, like people listen to others about him and he gets disappointed.

So over the years Nathan doesn't really bother with anyone but a few blokes from other stations that have known him forever or just the stock guys that work with us, like 'Chops'. It's a real shame because Nat is one of the most amazing people I know and he should have millions of friends, but saying that we do have friends... but the people that we really care about we classify as family.

That's the reason I felt really bad about the knife thing with Noah, I for a second became one of those people, and I listened to what others had to say without finding out for myself. I mean yeah he looked fricken' wild as hell when I rode up on his car and his eyes... they were like Pop had described Black Jo's. But since that day they haven't been.

I still am wondering though what could have caused his reaction; it must have been pretty bloody huge. I'm still puzzling over it when I realise I'm back at Mum's. There's cars all over the place, Seth must be having something on at his house, which reminds me I've gotta tell Sue we are doing her cooking thing tomorrow.

Sliding off Amber I feed, groom and rug her before jumping the fence into Seth's room, which is empty, while it is I quickly snoop in his painting drawer and find I'm disappointed to find nothing new. Wandering around his house I hear voices from the lounge room and walk in there to see all these women there and Seth's Mum, Jennifer talking to them about it being okay to feel sad and depressed. That they should.