Chapter 38 - Girl talk

A/N -  this one is a bit of a different chapter but one that has aspects that I need to have to build upon coming up so bear with it pleeeeeease, I know its boring but still... 

Thank you again to heartless twin for another great banner!

Avalon POV

 As we walk to the back yard part of me feels like just crawling in to bed with Seth and enjoying the acceptance and ease that comes with his friendship but nothing wins over Amber's company  especially as she snuffles my face softly, I will never turn my back on her... she's obviously ready to work tossing her beautiful head and prancing every few steps. If she's ready I am too.

             "First though girl I think I need a quick shower to get myself into gear," I walk up on to the verandah and mix up some food for her to munch on while I have quick wash. I'm  not sure whether the cattle in the paddock Harry hasn't checked on for while are cleanskins or not so I throw on some extra oats in case we need to high tail it out of any risky situations.

 Pulling off my boots I'm eaten away by the desire to check out  the tattoo Noah gave me, I wonder if he will give in and look at his and what his reaction will be. I said I would wait until tonight, but after the way he reacted in the car I don't know if he will even talk to me again, so what does it matter we obviously aren't going to have a phone pow wow reveal or anything.

I'm not going to let his change in attitude get to me but I will learn from it. I realise that's easier said than done because even with my live and learn philosophy I feel a strange ache at the loss of his quiet company.

He's like Nat in the way he'll back me up and Jordan in the way he's quiet. I guess IU'm not letting his attitude change get to me... maybe just him.

 Bugger it! I pull off the tape and just stare at it. 

Just like Seth and unlike me - which he will soon find out, he is undeniabley gifted at drawing. A delicate pink rose blooms near the junction to my foot it's green stem has only two soft green leaves on it but has many thorns, and big sharp looking ones at that. In a really nice cursive script following the stem he has written, Beware! My beautiful rose has thorns. N.R.

My rose?

Confusion makes my face scrunch up. What does he mean? That he thinks he's a rose? Or that some part of him has thorns? Or I have thorns and that I'm his rose?

 I pull my foot up closer to examine it, he did an amazing job for something so small and quick. I feel kind of bad about how crap I am at drawing I wish I could have created a masterpiece on his back but in my mind when my tattoo is going straight under the words "Life is Death. Love is Hate." I wanted to put something else in his life. Something that is completely opposite to those words he obviously lives by.

Humour it had to be, because laughing makes you feel great and alive, not dead or hateful which Noah already has down pat. Its a big mystery why he would even get such things tattooed on him. I wonder whether he will appreciate my effort straight away or go crazy.

I decide I don't care what he meant by whatever he wrote, I just like it because if it is about Noah then I will be reminded to shave off the tips off those thorns one by one (if we ever talk again) and if it means that I have thorns well its the truth ... I do. Im not sure about the my thingy though, maybe he made a mistake.

From what I hear Noah isn't the type to say stuff like that to anyone let alone a girl... and not a girl that will be going soon never to come back here in a million years.