Chapter 8

Remember those walls I built

Well baby there tumbling down

And they didn't even put up a fight

They didn't even make a sound

I found a way to let you in

But I never really had a doubt

Standing in the light of your halo

I got my angel now

It's like I've been awakened

Every rule I had you breaking

It's the risk that I'm taking

I ain't ever gonna shut you out

Everywhere I'm looking now

I'm surrounded by your embrace

Baby I can see your halo

You know your my saving grace

Your everything I need and more

It's written all over your face

Baby I can feel your halo

Pray it won't fade away

~Halo, Beyoncé

***

I looked out the window and watched the trees go by in a blur. It was a beautiful place. It didn't look to far from a town..

That's it Bethany!! You can escape. You just need to jump out the car. He won't notice. You can be free. And maybe.. just maybe you'll find someone who can help you. It might not be the government, but maybe someone.. who cares about saving lives.

Forget it Bethany. The car is traveling 80 miles per hr. You'll never make it out alive. Your stuck with a demonic monster who only wants you to be hurt. He'll always find you. One way or another.

I sighed quietly knowing this was like one of those situations where you have an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. Each one telling you something different. But in the end. Only one of them can be right. And in this case it was the devil that was right.

Or maybe the angel was right. You know there's such things as miracles. You can escape. Look he's not even paying attention to you. You have a chance to escape. Don't waste it with this murderer. In the end he'll end up killing you too. You'll just be like all those other girls he killed. Just another girl added to the collection.

I looked at him and noticed he was in deep thought, concentrating on the road. I smiled to myself knowing I could get out.

Just as I was about to get out a sign passed signaling they're was a rest stop 5 miles away.

This is your chance. You can find some help. You can run 5 miles. You've been in cross country all your life. You can do this Bethany!

I looked at him one last time before slowly reaching my hand towards the handle. This is your chance Bethany.

I yanked open the door just as he looked at me with furious eyes.

I screamed and jumped out the car and rolling down the freeway hoping not to get hit by a car and die. I knew I would get a few cuts and bruises, but nothing that I hadn't already experienced before. I quickly stopped myself once I reached solid grass and stood up a bit dizzy.

I looked around and saw Harry running towards me. This was it. Run Bethany. Run.

I quickly started running as fast as I could, avoiding all the cars on the freeway. The one time cross country was paying off.

I started to run faster with every step I took. I heard heavy footsteps behind me, and I knew his long legs would carry him through more. But I could sense it was only a mile left before I could reach decent civilization.

There was no way I was stopping. If I stopped everything will be over.

Run Bethany. Run before he catches you. Run before your life is ruined because of him. Run Bethany!

Tears were escaping my eyes as I knew what the consequences would be if I stopped. My breathing was extremely heavy. But no, I couldn't stop.

"Bethany I swear to god if you don't f*cking stop I will shoot you." He screamed not to far away from me.

He was bluffing, just to make me stop. But there was no way in hell was I going to stop.

"No, leave me alone!" I cried back. I was almost there. I could see a building in the close distance. I can't stop now. Everything will go to waste if I do.

His footsteps were getting louder and louder each time.

I could see the building getting closer and closer. This was it. This was my chance to go back to my family.

"Bethany I swear to god. I will shoot you." He screamed.

"Leave me the f*ck alone!" I screamed, just as a felt a sharp pain in my leg and was pulled back into a hard chest. Blood was dripping furiously out of my left leg.

He shot me. He f*cking shot me! No this cannot be happening. All that work, built up for failure. No.. No.. No.

You don't deserve this. He's going to kill you. Your life is over.

"I swear to god. I'm going to fucking give you the worst punishment ever. Your f*cking dead.." His last words rang through my ears,before I blacked out.

*******************************

And it was like slow motion.. Standing there in my party dress.

*******************************

Omg! Did you guys like it!!?

Like thanks for 1.63k reads!!! And 95 votes!!!! I don't really like making goals because I don't want you to have to do something you don't want to just for me to update tho!

Thank you guys sososososososo much!! I love you guys.

But I'm still not sure about keeping the story!? Idk!!!?

Thanks!!!

Comment!

+

Vote!

<3

****This story is dedicated to grisel!! She is amazing and a sister to me. I wouldn't ask for anything else! I love you soo! Much!! Thanks for always being there!**** Edited!!