Chapter 18

" I can hold my breath.."
"I can bite my tongue..I can stay awake for days..If that's what you want..Be your number one..I can fake a smile..I can force a laugh..I can dance..And play the part..If that's what you ask..Give you all I am..I can do it..I can do it..I can do it..But I'm only human.. And I bleed when I fall down..I'm only human..And I crash..And I break down..Your words in my head..Knives in my heart..You build me up..Then I fall apart..I'm only human..."

*****************************

I look around the white room and just think about every single thing that went wrong in my life. What kind of man is filled with Dominance. There has to be a way to find love in a person.

'Let someone love you just the way you are - as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room'

Everyone has something special about them. Without them, something is missing. We're all here in this messed up world trying to find a way to release our pain when we feel it, to express our love when we feel it, to show our anger when its rises upon us. We can't to anything to stop it. We're all human.

'Love is a strange thing. It can make the weakest person strong. The strongest person weak. The fearful person courageous. The courageous person fear. And yet, there are no words that can truly describe the feeling of love'

I look down at my hands and realize theres still one thing that I know I cannot change no matter how hard I try. I'm still in love with Harry, and nothing is ever going to change that.

*****************************

"Bethany." I wake from my sleep and see Harry sitting on the white sheets of the bed facing me. I try hard not to look at him. Hes the reason for all the pain i've felt. Its his fault. I thought I loved him when I know that's not possible.

I look down at my lap and play with my fingers nervously. He could start yelling at me again, and just make me feel bad about myself again.

After a few minutes pass by without one word spoken, I start to break the silence between both of us. I look up at him and hes looking down at his hands.

I study his features for a minute. His dark brown hair is pushed back with a navy blue bandana. His green eyes seem dark and tense.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out. He looks up at me. Dark bags under his eyes. I bite my lip from saying anything stupid to ruin the moment.

"I'm sorry for escaping. I'm sorry for kissing you. I'm sorry for everything that I did wrong." I whisper the last part and snuggle myself in the blanket to keep warm..

Harry gets off the bed, and just when I thought he was about to leave he walks towards me and lays next to me on the bed. Our foreheads touch and our lips are centimeters apart.

"Bethany, I came here to tell you that.. I'm letting you go." He closes his eyes for a second and pulls me carefully towards him.

As soon as those words come out my heart breaks into pieces. I know I should be happy, because of everything he put me through.

" I found another girl. She beautiful, has a nice body, and actually willing for me to have her." He smiles in the end, probably thinking about her.