Chapter 13

"I was left to my own devices"

"Many days fell away with nothing to show..And the walls kept tumbling down..In the city that we love..

Great clouds roll over the hills..

Bringing darkness from above

..But if you close your eyes..Does it almost feel like..Nothing changed at all..And if you close your eyes..Does it almost feel like..You've been here before?

***************************

"When the darkness covers you. What are you suppose to do..?"

***************************

I pound my head against the tree. I need to find a way to get out of here, and bring Ellis with me. If not, both of us are in danger.

I hug my knees close to my chest wrapping my arms around them to keep warmth.

Soon enough I hear the voices fade away. I wish I was brave enough to reveal myself. To protect Ell. But I couldn't. I risked her life and am a terrible friend for that.

But I am going to get both of us out of this mess.

***

I look around hoping to find a away down. I sigh in defeat knowing if I jump, it's not going to work.

I take a quick look at my shot leg and see its swollen up pretty badly. I push some of the trees out of the way and see that the sun is starting to come up.

I sigh and set my head back on the tree and close my eyes.

"There's some things you can't speak of,

But at night you'll live it all again,

You wouldn't be shattered on the floor now,

If only you had seen what you know now then,

Wasn't it easier in your firefly-catching days,

When everything out of reach,

Someone bigger brought down to you,

Wasn't it beautiful runnin' wild 'till you fell asleep,

Before the monsters caught up to you,

It's alright just wait and see your string of lights is still bright to me,

Who you are is not where you've been, your still an innocent."

I sing softly.

I lift my head off the tree and open my eyes.

I look to the side and see the ground isn't very far. Hm.

I guess it's now or never. I have to jump. No other way unless I want to stay here for the rest of my life.

I swing my legs over the right side and grip the sides of the branch. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

'Now or never.' I keep thinking in my head.

I take one last deep breath then jump off the tree. I crash through the twigs and branches just waiting to fall to the ground.

But it's different. I don't fall to the ground. I fall on someone.

I quickly get ready to run away, but notice that it's a girl. She gets up and looks at me as I do the same.

"I'm sorry." I say to the girl. She seemed about 22. Older than me for sure.

"I-it's o-okay." She stammers. I can tell she's scared.

"What are you doing out here. Alone." I ask her.

"I ran away. From a man who kidnapped me." She says as she fixes her pony tail.

"What about you." She looks up at me. I look away.

"I-um. Same reason." I say to her. I hear a faint 'oh' come from her lips.

"Who." She urges on. I cough uncomfortably.

"Um. Harry. Harry Styles." I say.

"What about you." I ask her.

"Louis. I heard of Harry's name before. Louis talks about him. He's come over before too. He's dangerous. " She looks up at me and smiles.

"What's your name." She asked me politely.

"Bethany. Bethany Mota." I tell her, returning the smile back.

She looks shocked at she studies my face.

"I-I love your videos. I'm a huge fan." she smiles big, showing off her kindness.

"Thanks. What's your name." I ask her this time.

"My name is Grisel." She smiles brightly and looks behind her to make sure nobody is coming.

"So do you want to try and get out of this forest?" she asks me.

"Well I'm not leaving quite yet. I need to find Ellis. She got kidnapped. And it was because of me." I look away, tears flooding my eyes.

The minute the first tear falls she pulls me into a bear hug.

"Aw sweetie it's okay." She rubs my back.

"Don't worry we'll find her. And we won't leave without her." She speaks softly. I nod as she lets go of the hug.

I wipe the tears away and see someone I never wanted to see again.

Grisel notices the shocked expression on my face and turns around in confusion.

She shares the same expression as me as we're stare at the sight in front of us.

Harry and his mates all pointing guns at us.

Except one of the men held Ell by the throat and pointed the gun at her head.

*****************************

Hai! I hoped you liked it!

Sorry for the late update! I was very busy.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Thanks!

Comment!

+

Vote!