You are short (request)

Oh my gosh guys!!! I am so sorry for leaving it so long between updates but I'm in college now and A level chemistry is a hell of a lot harder than it sounds! Anyway... ENJOY xxx ❤️
----------------------------------------------

Sherlock-
You had never been proud of your height, being 5 foot 3 wasn't hugely tiny but still, you longed to be able to reach cupboard in the kitchen without the help of Sherlock or a strategically placed footstool. Every time you went out on a case with Sherlock, you wore your high heeled boots at an attempt to look less of a juxtaposition against his tall lanky frame. You always sat upright too, in any chair you perched yourself on, you would strive to make yourself look a s talk as possible. One day, you decided that enough was enough...
"Sherlock." You asked Sherlock hesitantly while he was laying, default position, on the sofa.
"Yes (y/n)?" He answered, not opening is eyes or turning to face you.
You took a deep breath, preparing yourself for the following conversation,
"Do you ever think I'm... Too short?"
You scrunched up your face self consciously as you awaited an answer from him. Sherlock's eyes bolted open and he say up, a rather sympathetic look plastered on his pale face.
"Too short? I don't believe there is such a thing. Why do you ask?"
His answer surprised you and gave you just a tiny bit of contentment, but still you pushed on.
"Well, it's just... You are so tall. I feel as if I go unnoticed, unappreciated even just because people see me as some 'small', 'fragile' little woman. I feel as if you think the same way sometimes." There was a tear brewing in your eye now, you had to use all your stamina to hold it back.
"(Y/n)... If course I don't think that! Your height is absolutely perfect. It doesn't affect your status in the slightest. I just can't help being freakishly tall"
You laughed together as he said this. Finally, you accepted that you are perfect just the way you are.

John-
You had been short all your life. It wasn't your fault obviously, you were helpless to change it. You had your mums genes, she is your height, maybe a few inches taller. Your total height is 4 feet, 11 inches and half a centimetre, it annoyed you so much and felt like it held you back in life. Until you met John that is...
You love John utterly but are constantly surprised at the fact he can 'put up with' your body. As a rough comparison, you look like a shorter version of Ashley graham, your height only accentuated your womanly curves and you hated it...
"John?..." Came your slightly quivering voice from the bedroom. The pattering of John's feet echoed in the air and you forced a smile as he poked his head round the corner to investigate your call. While running over what you were going to say in your head before saying it, you gestured for John to sit next to you on the soft king size bed.
"John..." You repeated wearily as you blinked rapidly, trying to banish the impending tears which would inevitably form in your silence. "Do, you... L..like my body?" Closing your eyes and ex hailing deeply, you awaited an answer.
"What?..." He answered plainly, clearly confused.
"Do you like my body?.... Are you ok with it?" Quivering even more now.
John just stared, astounded by what had just crossed your lips.
"Of course I do babe. I love it! Every last bit of you is gorgeous! Why on earth would you think otherwise?"
Shuffling your feet on the carpeted floor, you gave a shaky response.
"It's just, I'm not elegant like other girls are... I'm not tall and graceful... I'm short and kind of dumpy. I hate it so I just assumed you do too..."
The tears that now fell weren't yours at all, they were John's.
"No, no (y/n)... Don't think like that please! You are not dumpy you are curvy and I adore you. Who cares if you're a little shorter than average?? You are freaking cute as hell!"
This was able to push a small smile on your face and you leant over to rest your head on his strong shoulders.
"Thank you John."
"You're welcome... I love you"

Mycroft-
Living with Mycroft, it's kind of cool being short. He has an entourage of tailors and textile artists to manufacture his pinpoint accurate suits which means that you get first choice at clothes too.
"Oooh! I like that one!" You grinned, mesmerised by a stunning red and black 60's style cocktail dress you found in the textile catalogue.
"Can I get that one? Please Mycroft?" You smiled sweetly and fluttered your eyelids at him tenderly until he finally accepted.
"Ok precious, but it's Taylor made, I'll need to take your measurements so I can send it off to my people."
"Ok"
Mycroft pulled a tape measure from a half opened drawer that looked like it had not been fully opened in years. The tape was all dusty and it made you sneeze as he held it to your face.
"Ok... Height first" he said, holding the measure from your feet to the top of your head. "5 foot exactly! My, you really are petite aren't you?" You giggled as he took the rest of your measurements;
Waist- 25.5 inches
Bust- 40 inches
Hips- 42 inches
Etc...
you finally relaxed as he took the last one.
"Finished!" He announced as you flopped down onto your chair excitedly.
"5 foot...that seems to me like perfect cuddling height! Come here beautiful." Mycroft held out his arms and you smiled as he lifted you up onto his knee and embraced you warmly.
"Love you Mycroft" you cooed happily into his chest.
"I love you too (y/n).."

Greg-
"Ooooh! I like this one!" You half squealed as you picked off a gorgeous pair of jeans from the clothes rail in H&M. Greg smiled down at you, nodding his head in agreement. He pretended to care, but really, he thought you look gorgeous in everything so it didn't really matter what you picked. A couple of minutes later, after you had browsed a little longer, you made your way to the dazzlingly lit changing rooms and shut the mirrored door behind you while Greg waited patiently outside. The lights beamed down on your head harshly which made it hard to see your actual reflection, you decided to just try the jeans on and leave as soon as you could. While pulling the jeans on, you realised that something wasn't quite right... You buttoned them up and looked up to peer at your spotlighted reflection and you started to giggle. Soon, you were in fits of laughter in the enclosed cubicle and the drama forced Greg to hesitantly knock on the door to make sure you were ok as it sounded like you were possibly dying.
"Greg..!" You giggled, struggling for breath as you pushed open the door. "I picked out a long! Look at them! I can't even see my feet!" You erupted with laughter again, dragging Greg in with you this time. You decided to abandon the jeans and just go home (you were too hysterical to make any more important decisions) and get settled in the flat.
"I never realised how small you are..." Greg chirped up in the taxi on the way home "it's kinda cute..." He smiled at you as you leant in to kiss him on the lips. You were perfect together and you both knew it.