Mycroft oneshot - stress

It was quiet in your apartment. It had been for the past few weeks. Not a single sound could be heard apart from the constant, melancholy, metronomic clicks of the grandfather clock before its chime on the hour. The workload on Mycroft was incredible... Exponentially more than normal and you were beginning to worry about him. He had taken to using the office in your home instead of the one at work through sheer convenience at this point, he had work which would last him days...
Slowly, you rose from your leather armchair and meandered across the rickety floorboards to the kitchen. You felt your fingers around for the light switch, adjusting your eyes to the inherent blackness afore your face. With a tap, the light flickered on. Silently, you proceeded to undergo the task of assembling a cup of tea. You didn't even want one and you knew he wouldn't either. You just wanted an excuse to see Mycroft.

Inhaling deeply, you strode hesitantly forward and crept along the long corridor to his office. It looked a lot creepier at night, you thought to yourself, the cream coloured walls that surrounded you appeared a more ashy grey colour and the doors just oozed intimidation. As you got to the entrance to his office, you sighed and pushed the door open with a creak. You wandered in, closing the door behind you and placed the cup of tea down on the sideboard. You walked towards Mycroft's chair and placed both your hands comfortingly down on his shoulders and massaged him gently with your fingertips.
"How are you doing babe?" You asked softly, taking care not to speak in a too elevated volume. However, you gained no reply. Hesitantly, you tried again...
"Babe. You've been working all through the weekend... Take a break... Please..."
Instantly, Mycroft stopped typing and dropped his head down to rest them on his palms.
"Precious..." He muttered "I don't think you understand quite how much stress I'm under here. We need to catch Moriarty! He is threatening a bomb attack on London Bridge! We don't know when! Why don't know how!! He just is! I NEED TO WORK! You may have all the time in the world to sit around and do nothing all day! But I am working! I've not slept or eaten properly in a week! I don't suppose you could say the same for yourself could you? Perhaps you should try it sometime!?Just go and do something USEFUL FOR ONCE!!"

You could do nothing but stand there soldered to the spot. Slowly, your hand crept up to your face to cover your mouth and prevent your lip from quivering. A lump grew heavy in your throat and your eyes burned, fighting with all their might to not spill a tear. It was too late. With an immense cry, you turned on your heel and sprinted out of the room, teaming Mycroft stood there, shame and sorrow welling up inside him. You burst out of the room and fell harshly against the wall opposite, wrapping yourself in your arms and sliding down until you were in a bawling mess in the floor. Mycroft followed shortly after...
"Oh my god! I'm so sorry." He saw your state and grabbed your arms, pulling you to your feet and letting you rest on his shoulder as you cried "I didn't mean that! You.. You are extremely important and useful to me! I love you!" He wrapped his arm round your shoulders cradling your head in his hand and stroking your dampened hair from your face.
"Mycroft.... I was just worried about you... Incase you haven't deduced yet, I've not eaten or slept in a week  either..."
He instantly released you from his grip and bent down to get a better view of you. He doesn't deduce when he's angry... He just jumps to conclusions but I was true...Your face was milky pale and you did indeed seem thinner than normal, less healthy too.
"Why?... Why did you do this? Y...you can't afford to not eat you were small as it is! Baby you need to eat!" Mycroft could feel his heart race faster and faster as he starred into your cool orbs now glistening with tears.
"I said... I was worried about you... I couldn't eat or sleep knowing that you are in such a stressful condition at the moment...if I slept I felt like I was being lazy because you have so much work to do and if I ate I felt greedy because if you could go pretty much a week without food, then surely I can too."
Mycroft ran his hand through his hair, panicked. He didn't know what to do. He felt like he was the souls cause for your suffering and began to tear up too. Instantly, he placed his hands back around you, grabbed your waist and lifted you up so you sat, cradled in his arms, your knees up at your chest and arms wrapped round his neck. He winced at how skinny you were. He hated to see you in such a state...
"W..what are you doing?" You asked tiredly through an emphasised yawn.
"I'm getting you what you need"
Mycroft carried you through the house and sat you on his bed before pulling all the blankets up around you so you had your own little cosy cocoon.
"I'm going to have dinner with you tonight. I can't stand it when you don't eat for so long you need nourishment... But first, you need some rest. I'll finish up my work and meet you when you wake up"
Mycroft smiled, bowing his head to kiss your cheek as you gently drifted off into reverie. As your breathing regulated and you had fully lost consciousness he whispered
"You are the most important thing to me. You are so beautiful and talented and amazing and intelligent... I just wish you could see yourself through my eyes..." He smiled again and silently flicked off the light before returning to his work.